The funeral

I regained my conscienceness after an unknown period of time but it was still dark. I felt the back of my head thump painfully, it was a little dump as a result of the collision with the wall. I grunted struggling to get up. It was still dark but a street light a distance away shed some light . Really? I fell down again after I stepped on something slidy. I felt a sticky substance attach itself on my hands. From the looks of it,it seemed that I sat directly on top of that squishy substance. It took a lot of my will to prevent myself from puking my stomach contents out. Really? I gulped hurt as I stared further away at my bike. Did that freak have to smash my bike? It was so messed up it seemed like a truck just ran over it. Luckily I was attacked a short distance from home. I checked my phone, I was supposed to get home an hour ago . I staggered home my head swirling.

"What's that smell?" Kate scrunched her nose the moment I entered the house
"What happened to you?.....is that blood?" Meryln hurried towards me.
" I got into an accident" I lied " I'll go wash up"
"You should be at the hospital  not in a bathroom" she added dialing her phone
" He'll make even the doctors sick because of the stench" Kate covered her nose
" We're not joking Kate phantom" meryln scolded
" I'll go wash up first, and I'm not that injured, I feel fine." I smiled then literally ran to my room not giving her the chance to pester me. I actually felt much better after a quick cold shower and a clean change of clothes, I felt fresh even the head thumping had receded.

"What happened?" Meryln asked disinfecting the small cut at the back of my head.
"I guess it was a truck, I felt it come very fast from behind. I managed to jump away before it got to me" I replied
" Was that driver insane, you could have died .Did you manage to get any number plate?"
" I passed out" I sighed pitifully
" You could have saved your bike, it was a good one" Kate smiled. I glared at her
" I'm proud of you nevertheless, that was very brave of you" she added
" Almost dying?" I raised my brows
She winked at me playfully then continued to serve dinner

"You're lucky it's a small cut" meryln gave a sigh of relief . A piercing sound of metal being dragged into our garage made me frown.
"What is that?"
The door barged open to reveal uncle Stark
"I'm glad you are okay" he let out a sigh of relief
"A neighbor told me she saw your bike on the road...I had to drag it all the way here" he added checking me out again
" I'm okay, just an small accident I survived" I smiled really glad of the concern I got. They were really kind. Tomorrow was the day Shurk's sister was getting buried, I managed to get permission to go after I explained our friendship with her. I had a really good sleep that night, sorrounded with a loving family. Kate was no different, she just had an odd way of showing concern. Additionally ,I was emotionally and physically tired. I kinda broke up with Ashley which resulted in me beating up Rodriguez , threatening my teacher, drinking and passing out in someone's vomit.

"Are you still going to the funeral?" Meryln asked when she woke me up at 10 o'clock in the morning. I quickly dressed up realizing I was getting late.
"How was your night Sam?" Kate yawned at the sitting room. She was watching some cartoon film
"How was your night?" I asked back refusing to fall into her word trap
"I slept on the nude, felt every little breeze " she smiled
" Thank you for sharing that.." I looked at her weirdly
" Language little lady" meryln shouted from the kitchen. Kate only chuckled and continued watching. Sometimes I always wondered from which parent she took her character from.
"I'll be leaving..." I said kissing my aunt on the cheek. I approached Kate who was slowly backing up
"Mom," she shouted but she didn't manage to escape the big kiss I planted on her forehead. I laughed out loudly at her exaggerated reaction.

I didn't have my bike so I had to walk to town. I made a mental note to make that bastard pay for the bike ,if I managed to get his strength that is. I knew where the church was located, it was the funeral venue. Since I was walking, I took almost an hour to reach the church. I attracted everyone's attention immediately I entered the church. Maybe it was my regular outfit since almost everyone wore black, I didn't own any black clothes. Or maybe the fact that I arrived late or that I was sweating all over. I quickly sat to avoid further distracting the mourners. I spotted Shurk at the front most seat, a woman closely resembling her sat at her right and a middle-aged man at her left. Uncle Stark was sitting beside a sheriff  two rows behind Shurk. I also saw some of my schoolmates including Cruiz. An old priest was conducting a sermon at the moment.

"Rest assured ,our sister is sitting in heaven ,she's in a better place." The priest smiled reassuringly. I was a believer but that was before my mom died. I was a complete different person after that, but still I believed . " May her soul rest in peace" he sprinkled some holy water on the casket rhythmically while praying in latin. After he was done, he motioned for the man beside Shurk to cross the platform.
"Alicia was a beautiful girl, cheerful and a bit stubborn.." the man who I figured out that he was the father smiled. That still couldn't hide his teary eyes
"She just got a new job, we were so excited.....she...." he paused to wipe his eyes. He tried to speak again but he couldn't. He took a deep breath on the microphone before he sauntered off without another word. Shurk stood up and took the microphone from her dad. She removed her contacts and seriously stared at Uncle Stark and the sheriff.
"She was murdered...I'm sure of it" some edible gasps sounded afterwards
" Someone killed her" she added her voice starting to  waver. But a person couldn't snap her neck until it get detached from the body.
" Something killed her, it was clearly not human....." her voice began getting serious " that thing should be found,.... It will be found" she left the microphone at the altar then proceeded to her seat. At the moment, I knew she was up to something. And I knew it would get her killed. I derived that after my experience yesterday night with that strange man.

By 2, o'clock, the body was buried after relatives and friends had spoken. Until evening, I spent my time sitting with Shurk and Cruiz. I managed to talk down Shurk the thought of going back at the forest. I knew my advice would only act temporarily considering Shurk's character. She was the kind that would never allow a mystery to go unsolvable. I left before night since I didn't have a ride, and also after I made sure Shurk and Cruiz were back at the town's apartments. I did my best to hurry , I didn't want to meet that creepy man again. Ashley's fiance