Breaking the treaty

School on Wednesday went on as normal as it has been since the start of this week. By normal I mean, I was just physically in class but my mind completely elsewhere. Mrs Lincoln wasn't that kind to me but when she learnt that my girlfriend was killed, she ditched picking on me in class. She did her very best to ignore my presence in class . I was the new celebrity in school, students tried being friends with me everytime I wasn't in class. The number of female admirers were now astonishing but I wasn't interested in them . My thoughts were mostly on avenging Claire, seeing Ashley and pack matters. The vallens weren't at school since last week, it made me so depressed such that I looked forward to Ashley's call.

In the evening while I was driving Kate home, she touched the most sensitive topic I never felt like discussing.
"What's up with you nowadays?"
I blinked at her through the rear mirror confused
"You are getting to school late, you come home late into the night, you are always angry at everyone .... you don't speak to me like before" she pouted. I had almost forgot that she lost her best friend and I was supposed to be her emotional support . I felt sorry that my life was affecting my family, if they found out that I was an alpha werewolf.
" I've just been through a lot lately"
" I lost Kirely and I'm already over it. It won't do you any good to dwell on Claire's death" she said. I clenched my teeth as I drove on.
" Claire's dead there's nothing..... "
" That's none of your fucking business.... " a low growl escaped my throat. I lost focus for a moment there which made me accelerate the car and hit a road sign. I realized my mistake after I had already run it over.

I took a deep breath then fast sped all the way home. Kate was  silently sobbing on the seat behind. I felt bad that I had lashed out on her, that was irresponsible of me.
" I'm sorry" I said as I pulled over our driveway. Kate only ran into the house without speaking.

My phone rang, it was from an unknown number. I denied the call and followed after Kate to apologize. It rang again , I had no option but to answer it.

" I think my husband is in danger," a gasping voice sounded. It was a woman's voice .
" You have to help me Sam,... for Claire"
I was just wondering who the caller was when I realized she was Claire's mom, Cassandra.
" How can I help?" I asked.
" Two men knocked on our house today morning. My husband went with them willingly . His phone is off, I think something's wrong"
" Have you contacted the police?" I asked
" They can't help in this situation... please you have to help me"
Why me ? , I asked myself while opening my car. Did she know who I was?

" Where are you?" I asked starting the engine
" Shopping mall" I heard her sniff.
In about ten minutes, I was pulling over its parking lot.
Cassandra was waiting beside the main gate, her eyes were puffy like she had been crying for a while. She rushed over when I beeped at her.

" Where do you think he is?" ..
" I connected a GPS tracker on his car using my phone.." she handed me her phone. The current location of his car was outside Tenac in the middle of some forest . I remained silent as I drove of the town doing my best to reach as fast as I could. We luckily found a rough pathway enough for my car to drive through into the forest. I stopped the car where the terrain started getting rough.

" Thank you for helping Alpha" she said. She took me by suprise that I gazed back at her inquiringly waiting for an explanation. Her scent was human all over, how the hell did she know?.
" I know I'm not a werewolf but I'll explain after my husband's safe..."
I sighed as I got out of the car, she was actually right. We were out of time and the night was beginning to set in. Cassandra made to follow me out but I gave her a disapproving look, she stayed silently in the car.

My wolf senses started working, I had found a scent.....I followed it until I found a car ditched some two hundred meters away from our location. I entered the car and sniffed his seat. I did this to catch his scent  and make it more easier for me to find him. After a bit of tracking, I stopped when I heard voices . I took a short moment then edged closer to the area taking every step carefully.

I halted at a safe distance where I got a full visual of the men. Two men and Claire's dad, mr woods. Mr woods was currently on his knees begging for his life while the men chatted.
" I say we kill him then I'll go kill his wife....finish the job Arnold left." one of them said
" I know his wife will follow him here, let's wait and kill all of them " the other one suggested
I felt angry now knowing that Arnold was also behind this. He is just asking for a war. Killing Claire and locking off Ashley apparently wasn't enough for him.

I now stepped loudly towards them, I didn't care if I suprised them or not. Fangs suddenly erupted from the two men as they snarled .
" I don't want to kill you....so I'll just take Mr.woods and leave" I made a step closer to the begging man. One vampire beat me to it
" One more step and he's a headless man" he snarled animalistically. I didn't doubt it, the guy had nothing to loose whereas I needed mr woods alive. The vampire could easily snap his neck.

In a blink, six more vampires joined the clearing sorrounding me.
" You won't attack me unless you want to break the treaty..." I said slowly
" The man is of importance to my pack and I would like to take him back safely"
I was now treading slowly to avoid angering the blood suckers.
" You broke it first , you entered our territory without our consent" the vampire holding mr  woods captive said.
I chuckled as I stared around
" You probably don't know who I am ..... I'm the new alpha of shaman pack. I'm just playing nice here"
The vampires' minds became a scrambled mess of disbelief.
" You kill my man....none of you gets out of here alive. And I mean it" I growled seriously.

The vampires exchanged looks then disappeared in an instant. They didn't retreat at all, they weren't afraid either of me since they thought I was bluffing. They went to bring one of their leaders, a stronger vampire to capture me. I spent this moment hauling mr woods on my back then speeding of towards my car before we became their dinner. Figures were approaching behind me at an alarming rate. I did my best to run as fast as I could . Speed wasn't a werewolf's best suite but I gave it my all.

" Drive to our pack" I shouted to Cassandra as I pushed mr woods on the back seat
" What about you....."
" NOW...I can take care of myself"  I growled.
A fist was already connecting to my cheek the moment she left.