Shaman initiation ceremony

Wellington helped me get a pass on staying out tonight. He easily convinced my uncle and aunt to allow me to stay at his place . He was such a thinker, I wouldn't have gotten out by myself.

I drove us to the pack under Wellington's direction. We arrived at about 8 o'clock night time.
" How does it work?.... Am I just going to barge in there and scream alpha then it's done!?" I asked. I realized I didn't know what I was going to do when I faced those hundred werewolves. It won't hurt to have a general idea .
" It'll be more of giving oaths and swearing.... not tough at all" wellington replied as we made way upstairs to the top most floor .
" You have a beta?" I asked
" We hold a fight to choose the beta of the pack, we don't have one since Paul kinda resigned and we have no alpha to preside over a tournament"

Everyone was at the top most floor, even the omegas I met last week. The place was well prepared with even a dais set at the front before everyone. I spotted some of the men I beat up during my fight in this very same place. Some had scars while others held walking crutches in their arms. I felt guilty for giving them that much of a beating. For men who will later be in my pack, that was really brutal of me.

The place went silent when I entered. I walked over to the dais as gazes bored unto my back. Their minds were really noisy . Most of them were glad that a strong large wolf such as me decided to lead them, some were sad that I was the end to their fun, some felt unwilling that I was here. But majority was what that counted.

" We have all seen Sam's battle power firsthand, he is of the leading bloodline... the alpha bloodline. He made our former leader submit proving that he was way superior than him. I wouldn't lie when I say that the state here in Shaman pack was unjust when he ruled. How many of you would stand up and say that he was a just figure?...." Wellington paused and looked over the silent lot.
" Who chooses what kind of a wolf he or she will be if born? .. the former leader despised omegas, they didn't have even better sleeping quarters. Samael is the change that all of us have been waiting for. If anyone opposes him being our alpha let him rise up and speak...."
The lot started mumbling. They had questions whether I'll still be the tyrant as the alpha before me. But that was for time to tell

"Anyone?"
None of the people raised there arms nor stood up.
"We may start the ceremony then...." Wellington went over and took a red book with an ancient knife on top of it . He also took a large cup and placed it on a table. Wellington assured me that this was just protocol and not some evil thing. It was to form a mind link with the pack members.

He stabbed his finger then dropped a drop of blood in the cup .
"If you are willing to fall under his protection, if you are willing to have a connection , come forward"
Starting from the oldest, they dropped a drop of blood in the cup . By the time it was done, the cup was half full.

Wellington held the cup mid air then turned to me.
" The blood of the shaman pack accepts you as their leader. "
He gave me the cup and nodded for me to drink it. I drank it in one gulp not intent on tasting it, gross.
I felt like my mind connected to each and everyone in the room. I could summon them with just a thought, it was just like talking over a phone.
" Do you swear by the moon goddess that you'll protect this pack with your life?"
"I swear" I said
"Do you swear by the moon goddess that you'll lead this pack with integrity , loyalty and justice"
" I swear" I said once again.

Wellington the turned to the pack members. In unison, they all said
" We pledge our undying loyalty to the new alpha, to serve him and respect him. "
Wellington smiled then motioned for me to give a speech. I was at loss for words, I was totally unprepared for it. Not mentioning that I sucked at giving speeches.

I cleared my throat and scanned the group. I knew from their minds what they wanted to hear, but I'll just say what I think is right.
" I'm not asking for your loyalty since you just met me. Loyalty is earned just as trust. I know some of you still have doubts about me , some of you think I'll just kill you if you don't accept me as your alpha. " I paused to take a breath.
" What I did to some of you people the other day was just the version of me being angry at the injustice going about here. I won't say I'm kind and merciful but I will say that I place the people I love above everything. I'll fight for what is right even if the odds don't seem right. That's my character, love . I want to say that it's an honor leading you. Also thank you for accepting me as your alpha....... Just brace yourself for more training and big changes around here" I said then proceeded to sit down.

Cheers and claps sounded. That was about the best speech I have given in my life, I was suprised I didn't crack a joke.