Soulmate and first love

"it's feels good to see you again," I hugged Claire tight. I actually realized I kinda missed her. We let go when we realized we hugged for a very long time infront of the visitors.
"Your present.." she handed me a small box.
"Your presence alone suprises me... there was really no need" I started objecting
" Open it" she smiled
The small box revealed a silver necklace. Under the sunlight, the necklace glittered beautifully... it looked so expensive. Claire took it and carefully tied it around my neck.

Before I could even catch up with Claire, I was called upon to cut the cake and receive presents. Kate got most presents since most of her friends came, of all the presents I got which was only a handful, Claire's was the best. We socialized until almost 3 pm when people started leaving.

" Who's her? " Cruiz asked scanned Claire
"This..." I draped my arm over Claire " is my girlfriend"
"Really?" Shurk raised a brow
"He's my boyfriend" Claire provocatively leaned closer.
"How come I've never seen her before" Shurk asked
" She's from the city..." I answered
Cruiz ambiguously smiled at me then mouthed 'ashley' when Claire wasn't looking. I shot him  a glare, I didn't want Claire finding about Ashley.
"No.." he said  loudly.
"What's wrong with him?" Claire asked . Cruiz was currently trying to speak as he kept ogling his eyes at us then at  the door's direction. I had no choice but to take Cruiz by his arms and lead him to my room.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" I started immediately I closed the door behind us.
"Are you out of your mind?"
"Ashley's here brother" Cruiz finally said
" Wait what? "
" With her friends, by the door " cruiz answered. What the heck was she doing here? How did she know it was my birthday.
" I think you are in trou.... " Cruiz started
" What trouble? "I heard Claire ask behind us. According to her question, it only seemed like she only heard the last bit of our conversation with Cruiz which was kind of a relief.
" Nothing, I just forgot my books at school and you know , the rodents are always hungry you see... " I made up a lie
" What...."
" Why don't you stay here with my friends.... I'll go handle some urgent matter . I won't be long"
I said then quickly left leaving Claire in the company of my two nerd friends. She was so not gonna like it, I just hoped they contained her long enough for me to deal with Ashley.

I took a minute just staring at Ashley. I wanted to spring forward and just hug her, thank her for coming to my birthday but I still felt hurt after last incident.
"A gift to you from the Lanays.." Miguel gave me a wooden box. I silently took it and put it in my pocket.
" We learnt from a town's man that the phantoms were having a party, we had to drop by" Rob added with his typical smile
"It wouldn't hurt if you invited us yourself.... Or better, I would have thrown you a sicker party"  Amelia said edging closer to me. At the moment, my eyes were only at Ashley. I only spared a glance at her brothers and sister.
"Thanks for coming guys.... Can I speak to you outside?" I asked Ashley. She hesitated as she glanced at Miguel. I almost went ballistic, did she have to ask for permission always? It really pissed me that I was getting pissed of in my party. I took a deep breath and turned to Miguel.. " if you don't mind"

"Are you ready to speak?" I asked immediately we were outside
" That's a warm welcome.." she tried to smile to ease the tension but I didn't flinch.
"You broke up with me after painfully ignoring me... what else did you expect?"
" I see you have a girlfriend" she said after some hesitation.
" Claire?... " I started
" So that's her name, you could have told me you had a girlfriend earlier" she stared accusingly at me.
"Says the person who has a fiance.. " I came up
" What do you mean? " Ashley squinted her eyes
" Stop playing dumb... "  I paused " the one you sent to threaten my life Friday night. As if Miguel on my ass isn't enough already"
" He what? "Ashley shrieked. She looked genuinely suprised which baffled me.
" What are you doing here?.. if you didn't come to speak, I guess I don't have anything to talk to you about" I said seriously.
" You don't have to be that way" Ashley more of whispered. I shrugged at her.

Since her back was facing the door, she didn't see an angry girlfriend of mine approaching. I didn't care since Ashley made it clear she could handle herself pretty well.
" Who are you?" Claire asked staring at Ashley . Ashley ignored her and turned to look at me. She was really pissing Claire off right now, I could see it. Claire clinged on my right arm then smirked
" Who is the girl honey? "  she asked . Who was Ashley to me?.. I felt different when around her, she made me laugh every time,she made me feel like I knew her all of my life, who was she?. Both Ashley and Claire stared at me curiously waiting for my answer.
" Some girl I met at school.." I clenched my teeth and said. My words really hurt me to my core, Ashley was so hurt she just walked off towards a certain race car.  I felt sorry but I couldn't take it back. I just chose Claire over Ashley and my choice really hurt me. I felt like I was reliving the incident where Ashley ignored me, only that I was the perpetrator.