Wellington

I woke up the next day just on the same table. A man I didn't know stood by the door silently.
" Your car is in our parking place.." he said . He was bigger than most men I've met and younger. I don't remember seeing him anywhere. For the short time I was around, I was familiar with almost everyone.

"You are?" I asked getting up.
" Wellington, Paul's nephew. I was in town at that time doing some purchases for him" he answered. I nodded knowingly, my injured thigh only had a scar, it had healed pretty fast.

After I had changed into clean clothes I went outside. I stared at the injured men who were being attended to by Victoria's mom.
" I'm sorry for all that" I apologized sincerely. I couldn't believe I did all this to these men. No one spoke, I guess they held a grudge for destroying their pack .
" Really sorry"  I said then headed outside.

" I'll drive you home" wellington offered
" I'm fine.....just deal with your pack" I said opening the driver's door.
" The whole town has been searching for you....I can help find you an excuse" he insisted.
" The whole town?....when is today?"
" Wednesday morning" he replied. From Saturday till today, my family was dead worried, I figured out. And I couldn't just tell them about the pack and my ordeal here, I had to find an excuse.

" Let's go then" I skipped to the passenger's seat and let Wellington drive. We followed another route outside the pack, it was paved and easy to drive on. We reached town in a matter of twenty minutes. I never figured out how Wellington knew my home, but I didn't bother to ask. I could as well read his mind.

My dad's truck was in the garage together with Uncle Stark's car. It was about ten o'clock in the morning. I braced myself up for the worst scolding I would receive.

We entered our house and faced my family who were seated  discussing something. They stared at me awkwardly and suprised. Dad's eyes were red like he had been drinking recently, Uncle Stark didn't look much better. Meryln and Kate behaved like I was a ghost.

" Suprise" I bitterly smiled
Dad widened his eyes like he was now assured I was physically here.
" What happened to your body?" he asked loudly
" Where were you Sam, we searched the whole town for you ...... we almost reporting you dead" uncle Stark scolded.
" I was....."
" He was taking me to visit my ailing grandmother outside town" Wellington said. That was his excuse? I was really angry, that was his best? But unless I said the truth , I had to play along.
" Yeah...it was an emergency and she was really sick" I added.

" We called, you could have answered the phone at least tell us where you were" Meryln said .
" It was off and I left it at his home..." I pointed wellington
" You got us really worried ...don't you have telephones at your home?" Uncle Stark looked at wellington.
" It's very rural....not even one phone....no telephone signal can reach there i tell you" Wellington answered. Uncle Stark was buying the lie but Meryln doubted the truth of the story. She didn't verbally express  her thoughts but I read her mind.

" I'm sorry guys..... I should have informed you sooner" I apologized.
" I'm grounded? " I asked
" You went to help a friend.... I don't think that qualifies for a bad habit. Furthermore, you are so much bigger I can't lock you down"  Uncle Stark smiled. He was glad that I was back most of all.

" I'll serve you guys tea.... your friend? "
" I was just leaving... " Wellington lightly punched me then left .
" Sam , you know I'm a busy man... " Dad said while I sat
" You don't have to come always if something comes up..... I can take care of myself"
" I don't doubt that.... you are so muscular I thought you were someone else when you entered that door" he chuckled.

Everyone one here had a lot of unasked questions that I would rather not answer. I was so grateful that we spent this moment just chatting about normal stuff. After breakfast, dad drove to work, meryln and uncle Stark to the hospital and sheriff station respectively. I drove Kate to school after a heated debate of time. No matter how hard I complained I was tired, the older members of the family insisted we go to school.