Help from a witch

After all the torture I went through, I never thought I would be still alive. My body was bruised all over, my head was literally swollen. I took in my surroundings, I wasn't chained but I lay on cold floor with what looked like an ancient cell. Another row of cells were in front of mine with men in them. I was in some sort of a smelly dungeon. I tried to sit upright but a piercing pain in my abdomen made me abort my mission. I felt really hungry and thirsty, how long was I out?

Two men came and started scooping and dropping something in each cell. The men in each cell scrambled to finish that odd looking brown solid liquid substance, they went as far as licking every last bit of it. I felt like puking. The men distributing the thing passed my cell while mocking me, I was even grateful that they didn't drop that filth in my area of sleep. Their footsteps faded to the other end of the way. I withstood the pain and sat up by the wall.

Just across from my cell was another one. A very very old man sat beside his share of the meal. He looked older than most of the men in the dungeon.
" you can have mine" he offered
"No thanks" I grumbled. The old man shrugged then ate his meal.
" you are not a werewolf" I said studying him. His scent was different from the others, that's why I realized it. He was more human and part something I didn't identify.
"You are weak, you only have three days before you die. Silver in your system, that won't heal by itself" he said edging close to the bars of his cell.

I looked at my injuries and the dried blood on my naked body, I felt like I was the definition of injuries. I looked up but I immediately saw a glob of water before me. I darted my eyes around checking if I was the only one seeing it. The old man nodded reassuringly at me.  I took a deep breath and drank the water, it seemed refreshing . It had a certain calming and cooling effect .

"How?" I asked
" I'm a witch...with a gift" he smiled. His eyes began fluttering and the next thing I knew, he was snoring. Witch? so they exist. I felt touched by his kindness but what bugged me was , why?

After some time the man was up again.
"Forgive me, I get a bit sleepy when I use my gift" he smiled
" Why did you help me? " I asked. I was feeling better already....not that better but my injuries were beginning to heal.
" I have a gift...all witches have one. I can see vague destiny of people. In your case, your destiny is greater than anyone I've ever met, its an honor serving you" he replied. I didn't know what he meant by a great destiny but I was still grateful for his help.
"Why......" I started before he interrupted me
" I have a very short time left to live,I can see my aura greying each passing minute. I want to use my last energy doing something good" he said forming another globe of water, this was much larger than the previous one. It floated till right next to me.

After I had drank the water, I felt much better. But the old man wasn't at all. I saw him lay tired and started snoring again. I was worried for the old man but then he was using his powers to help me out of his own good will.
"A war is brewing, a big one. I'm so glad I'm dying. Blood and flesh will coat the ground. No place will be habitable, no place will be safe.....A war is brewing between the supernatural and the human" the old man whispered in his sleep. His words somehow carried some chill to it, like it was inevitable and true. I sighed as I rested once again.

"Pssss...." I was woken up by the old man.
"I don't have much time get up" he said. I stood up and supported myself on the wall.
"Please save my grand daughter when you get out of here, my coven is called Sentine . She will know you when you search. That's my last wish"
I was just preparing to ask some questions when he started doing signs with his arms while mumbling incoherently in a language I didn't understand.
I felt something enter my body, I began getting dizzy and weak, my head so light headed.  I fell asleep once again on the floor. The last thing I felt was that my injuries were now healing rapidly.

I woke up rejuvinated, my injuries were all healed. I almost forgot how being well felt like. I stretched my limbs happily, all healed. I didn't even feel the silver in my system. It all had just disappeared.
"Old man" I called excitedly
" I'm all healed up" I said jumping up excited. No response, is he asleep?
Not asleep at all, whenever he sleeps he must snore.
" old man" I called a bit loudly since the sleeping body wasn't moving at all.
"Old man?" I shouted making me earn series of annoyed mumbles
" He's not moving" I shouted again
" if you don't shut it I swear I'll rip you out of your fucking cell"
The dungeon started to get noisy.

It wasn't long before a couple men came down to the dungeon.
" who started this?" One of them asked as everyone went silent. I guess they were pointed at my direction since they made way towards me.
" the old man's not moving" I said
" that's not your problem kid...mind your own business"  the one who seemed to hold more authority said. He motioned for the other guards to open the old man's cell. Sure as hell, he was dead. I felt kinda guilty, he died helping me. I internally vowed to fulfill his wish and protect his grandkid. Its the least I could do to repay his kindness. I just had to find a way to get out of this place.

Two guards carried the old man away  while three remained.
"Just look at you, all healed up. The alpha will be surprised.....Take him too"