First shift

"I'm leaving get up" dad shook me awake
"what time is it?" I grumbled
"time to get up..... now get up before I leave" he headed outside. The first thing I realized when I woke up was that my body was freaking hot, and I felt really hungry. I first took a  long cold shower then dressed up for school. This is the second day I'm attending school in my second week, in total , I just had four days in school since I came here.

" Your birthday suprise " dad smiled handing me a small blue box. Well, not remotely what I expected but I still took it.
"Whoa, a blue box. I'm suprised" I said sarcastically placing it in my pocket.
"open it" dad continued . His expression was that filled with happiness which made me curious as to what was inside it.
I opened the box , my mouth couldn't stay closed anymore.
"you....I ...you really?....dad?.....thanks dad, I love you so much" I immediately pulled him into a bear hug easily lifting him off the ground.
" that's enough son" dad struggled to say which made me put him back down embarrassedly.
"what's in the box?" Kate asked
I slowly took out an octagonal shaped silver key from the box. I proudly twirled it around for everyone to see.

"Aren't you spoiling him?" Uncle Stark frowned . I didn't even waste a second to sprint outside and look at the garage. Dad got me a silver camaro, a fucking racing car. A race car, whatever promotion he got really added him lots of money. I sorrounded my car admiring every piece of it. The inside of it was executively furnitured with every feature a car could have. All the seats were brown leather covered, and really seemed comfy. I'm so gonna rock this town. Dad went as far as hanging our family photo on the dashboard . My mom was smiling at the camera while dad held me in his arms proudly. This picture got me really emotional I went outside and hugged my dad again.

" this is nothing like the laptop you bought me, I'm getting jealous" Kate said
" you bought her a laptop?" I stared at dad suprised. It took me long to get my dad to buy me a laptop when I was fifteen. Dad really had to have gotten a big promotion.
" I'm so riding with you forever"  Kate said jumping in the backseat
" I'll see you when I come back...I have lots of responsibility now" dad said.
" your truck?" I asked
" what about it?"
" shouldn't you buy another one? Ragnar's getting old" I commented looking at the parts that had began getting rusty.
" no son, it was our first car"
" at least repaint it or buy new spares" I said
Dad smiled then went to start his truck. It rumbled loudly then released thick dark smoke before it switched itself off.
" damn it ragnar" dad cursed starting it again. The second time it worked.
" you should eat too, you are getting thinner" I said solemnly as he drove off. I was missing him already.

My car was perfect, it scooted without much effort, it really had powerful engine. The ride to school was really short but sweet. I attracted alot of attention especially after Monday incident, I was popular , really popular. Whatever the students were saying..I heard them all thanks to the good hearing.
" I'll pick you off in the evening" I told Kate before she left for her classes. The school was renovated again. Now we had two CCTV cameras on the school gate, two new watchmen. I was also required to register twice at the gate, the school's security was really upgraded. As I thought back to the wolf I saw and the wolf I was , it could easily jump over this gate .

Friday we didn't have any math lessons. I spent most of the morning in the library with Shurk and Cruiz. It wasn't because I was feeling nerdy today, I was doing research about werewolves. The manuscripts weren't that helpful at all, everything about supernatural creatures were being labelled as myths. If only these writers had gone through what I went through recently, they would have written different things. As such, nothing was that helpful here even after I had read almost every history book.

We left for lunch when the bell for lunch rang. I was especially feeling famished after my small breakfast in the morning. I ordered alot of food and chose a table to sit on, I wasn't even feeling ashamed at all.
"have you realized you have gotten bigger?" Shurk said gaping at me
"and your hair really needs a cut" Cruiz said.
All of that I realized, but it was impossible to explain this kind of things to them.
" I hit the gym everyday" I said biting a huge chunk of a steak. Why does meat now taste different, like it was now my favorite food. My stomach seemed to digest faster than I ate, it was really powerful.

"Sam?" Cruiz called . I looked up from my meal to look at a pissed off Rodriguez bouncing to my direction.
" we should leave" Shurk said preparing to stand up.
" no , sit. I've got this handled" I smiled reassuringly. I went back to my meal and continued eating, everything was better if I was full
"you are sitting at our table" Rodriguez slapped his hands on the table hard that my juice fell over.
" is that so?" I stared at him lazily. What can he do anyway?  infact, I was the one who specifically chose this table to intentionally piss Rodriguez.
" I didn't see your face on this table"
" kid you've got some balls" Rodriguez growled lowly such that  Cruiz shifted away further from him.
" are you gonna punch me?" I smiled then proceeded to chew a bacon slice.
Rodriguez looked around the sea of dining students then glared at me. He scanned the empty plates on the table then nodded knowingly. He turned and left.
"I thought so" I said loudly enough for him to hear. He paused for a second then left the cafeteria with his boys.
" you are awesome... wasn't it last week that he was bullying you around?.. now you are all rude to him" cruiz said
" what's the secret?"
" eating and eating and eating as much as you can. Your body needs food most of all" I pointed at his ghosted figure hidden in his shirt.  " that's the secret"

The rest of the day was splendid, imagine walking around the school like a king, no one bothering you. I even smiled wider that Mrs Lincoln wasn't in school. That was the happiest thing about today. Cruiz and Shurk couldn't stop admiring my car, I had to drive them home, each one of them before I took Kate home. Today night I had one plan, to confirm if I could shift. I was so anxious that I had to retire to bed early with an excuse that I wasn't feeling well. I made sure to lock my door tightly and shut off my windows before I undressed. My palms were sweating out of anticipation.

Will yourself into a wolf, I remembered alpha Maddox. I took a deep breath to calm my speeding heart then closed my eyes. I thought of myself being a wolf. For a second, nothing happened. I almost heaved a sigh of relief when I felt something. My body started twisting horribly, painfully horribly. I don't remember experiencing a pain like this in the vision. Before I could shout, I ripped my sheet off my bed and bit it to avoid alerting anyone. My hands and legs retracted and elongated, my nails turning to large paws. I was sweating profusely, grunting away my pain. My eyes slitted backwards so that they were positioned on either side of my elongated nose. My teeth enlarged , the canines stuck out of my mouth. Golden fur spurt out of my skin as I felt my body enlarging. The whole process took about a minute, I was large, larger than the white wolf. I was a big wolf, I could swallow a young horse, I was a werewolf. The vision was real. My senses were increased so much than when I was human . I heard ,saw and felt things , minute things , from the forest outside. I attempted to turn around but ended up knocking my lights off.

"Are you okay?" I heard Uncle Stark ask.
"yeah" I said. But the sound that came out wasn't human. How the fuck did I forget I was a wolf. And wolfs don't speak.
" you have a dog in there?"
I growled as I shifted to human form, it wasn't as painful as before.
"no, I'm okay and I don't have a dog in here" I replied sprinting to the shower
" I sure heard something growl" 
" I was practicing a drama thing...for the school" I lied turning on the shower
" okay then. Goodnight" I heard him chuckle then walk away.

I heaved a sigh of relief as I let the cold water cool me off. I was both elated and confused at the same time. I am insanely strong, I have superhuman strength, my appetite is terrific ,I haven't tried my speed yet but I know I'm fast, I feel fast, I am a werewolf. But why me? are there more like me in this town? how would I explain this to my family? moreso to my dad?

I'm a werewolf.