OLD RIVALRY

"Thanks guys," Shurk kindly smiled at us.
"What are friends for? " Cruiz smiled back "let's go watch basketball?" he turned to look inquiringly at me.
" Sure" I sighed yet unwillingly,I wasn't really planning to meet Rodriguez anytime soon especially not now. He was really strong and had  good authority over the school . His father was also the mayor of the town. I'll try to stay in the shadows, I consoled myself.

We weren't even close to reaching the court when my worst fears came true. I gulped then sighed bitterly, why did I have to meet him again? Rodriguez was currently laughing out loud with his henchmen just beside the school cafeteria. I couldn't turn around so I did my best to look at my feet as we passed by. We were just exiting the danger zone when a rock hit the back of my head. I grunted angrily then turned around to glare at the group of laughing hyenas.

"Where are you headed trash face?" Rodriguez smirked cooly.
" Let's just leave Sam" Shurk tugged my arm. Someone else would have heeded the advice but I couldn't, backing up wasn't in my nature.
The players headed over led by Rodriguez, all of them were really huge and  muscular.
"Why don't you leave with Shurk first, I'll catch up" I said eyeing the players
" The hell we are..... we aren't leaving you with these huge babies" Cruiz whispered.
" I have some business with them, please do leave.... " Cruiz made to interrupt but I glared at him " I'm not asking" I said through my teeth. With one last look at the players, Cruiz left with Shurk.

"You could have used the back up, though they were weak they were  back up anyway....." Rodriguez sneered
" What do you want? " I straight away said without any ounce of fear. I stared directly at his animalistic eyes.
"What did I say about not seeing you around me? "he stepped forward close enough I could feel energy emanating from him.
"Why don't you ask yourself, I don't control what you see bully"I spat
" You've got some balls human" he growled
" Don't you? "I raised a brow. For a whole minute only silence spoke. The players were also doing what they do best, staring at me like I was a dead person.
"That's clever, you've got a big mouth too" Rodriguez stepped back and chuckled. I almost thought he was finally convinced I don't fear him when his boys formed a circle around me.

"Do you seriously use strength Everytime your  underdeveloped brain short circuits...get civilized" I spoke up, I was a beaten person anyway " what's your deal with me ..... afraid that I might get  stronger than you soon? " I stood akimbo. It even seemed like I didn't care if I got hurt or not. Rodriguez scoffed then cracked his knuckles.
"Show me what you've got knuckle head" I clenched my jaws and tightened my fists. Someone roughly pushed me from behind towards Rodriguez who stood at the center of the circle, towards the incoming punch. The fist connected with my abdomen, the impact was so painful I felt my intestines shift inside. The strength used sent me crashing on a bench  outside the circle. Before I even had the chance to gather my thoughts I was being lifted up by my collar.

"What..... do you want from me?" I managed to speak taking deep breaths in between.
" Stop it..." he said then punched me with his left arm. I felt blood start to fill my mouth " stop walking like you own the goddamn place, stop that superiority thing going on about you". If I had the ability I would have laughed out loud, that was his reason?.But right now I only managed to scoff.
"I'm the king around here...unless you want to get beat up everyday, I suggest you....."
" Leave him alone" a voice interrupted Rodriguez, and not just anyone, it was Ashley.
"This is none of your business leech" he seethed then wrinkled his nose. I don't know how but in just a blink of an eye ,the number of Ashley's friends doubled. Were they lurking around or what the fuck just happened.

Rodriguez roughly dropped me on my butt then turned to Ashley.
"He is in everyway my business dog," Ashley spat back. I swear I heard a series of growls that sounded really frightening.
" I found him first," Rodriguez pulled me up by my hair, no matter how hard I tried to protest, it seemed like I wasn't even trying at all. He was insanely strong.
" Leave him alone...." Ashley almost jumped at Rodriguez but Miguel immediately stopped her. She really had the courage to face him.
" Miguel please put your sister in line before I rip her fangs out" Rodriguez said. I could feel the tension build up between the two groups. My captor tossed me away like I was now useless towards  Ashley.
"I would snap your dog neck before you actually did that" Miguel stepped between Ashley and Rodriguez
" Why don't you test your theory.." Rodriguez took a step forward his fists cracking. He seemed to take Miguel very seriously. A mind battle followed which involved extremely heavy breathing from the players, Ashley and her friends looked calm....more of still. A crowd had already started to gather around yet it didn't break the eye battle.

" Hey ,hey!" someone shouted " the game was supposed to start minutes ago, what are you doing here staring at each other in front of a considerate human population" the principal made way to us. " I suppose you know the consequences of your actions....if you perhaps are considering doing it right now" he darted a glance at me then at Miguel and Rodriguez.
"This isn't over.." Rodriguez smirked at Miguel. He then turned to glare at me, "see you around punch bag". I clenched my jaws angrily. I really must find a way to get stronger or else I will suffer for the rest of my last year in this school.
"Don't you have things to do?, disperse .....go on"  the principal waved his hand then followed the players. Ashley immediately came and held my arm after the crowd dispersed, she seemed worried as she caressed my cheeks  not even uttering a word. Her hold on my arm tightened when I spat out blood .

" You really have some explaining to do missy" Miguel came and whispered in Ashley's ears. His expression was solemn,not that it was always sunny but this time it was really really solemn.