The accident

I had decided to drive home after Wellington and the men left. Apologize for going out on them yesterday night since they deserved it. I have been angry so lately that I didn't realize it had bled to them.

It was almost evening when I was driving on the highway. I reached a point where the cars were in a standstill. I could tell there was a commotion ahead just at the intersection. Curiosity got the better of me . I got out of my car then walked towards the small crowd.

The first thing I saw making me decipher that it was an accident was the large truck parked across the road.

Isn't that Uncle Stark's car? my eyes widened at his black saloon car which looked run over. I pushed as I rushed to the scene my heartbeat increasing in pace.
" Get out of my way" I shouted at the annoyed spectators.
His car was leaking diesel slowly in which the car would soon light up. Not even one person thought of getting the victims out of the car.

I ripped the door off the car without a thought then unbuckled Uncle Stark , he was with Meryln. I dragged them out of the car to a safe distance. One look at their extremely bloodied figures and I felt nervous. They can't die... I checked their pulse. Their heartbeats were beating slowly and silently but they wouldn't hold on for long.

Someone had the right mind to call emergency services earlier. Sirens sounded some distance away.
" Stay with me... help is coming" I whispered at them yet they were completely unconscious. I was sweating profusely, the ambulance was taking longer to reach than expected. I wasn't going to allow death to take my uncle and aunt as it did my mom and girlfriend. I was almost carrying them to my car when they finally came together with the sheriff. They were loaded to the ambulance then sped to the hospital.

I was preparing to follow them when my phone rang, Kate was calling. I answered it ...
"I figured you could use some motivation " came the most annoying voice, Arnold's. I took a moment to clench and unclench my fists angrily. They were coming at my family now?
" Why do you have Kate's phone?" I asked
" Isn't it obvious.... because I'm with her" he laughed.
I swear the man was treading where he wasn't supposed to, he was making me be the angry brutal alpha I didn't want to be.
" If you touch a single ...."
" Relax... I won't make her kill herself or jump infront of a moving truck" he laughed wickedly. The accident was all his fault , I almost took my steering wheel off the dashboard out of extreme anger.
" My condolences, they were really helpful figures in Tenac"

" What do you want" I snapped
" What else?... denying your mate blah blah blah and the rest. "
I fumed
" Don't worry man, I won't kill your sister but I have a better way to remove you out of the equation. She's bringing a present to you.... at the hospital" he said before hanging up. I was anxious, nervous , angry and seriously on edge. I didn't need to shift, I needed to get to the hospital.

" I'm sorry you can't go in there" a nurse blocked my way into the operating room
"Will they be alright?" I asked my temperature spiking up
" Are you okay sir?... you look sick"
" I'm not sick" I shouted banging the wall " will they be okay?"
" We have to wait for full medical diagnosis" she replied a bit terrified of me .
" It will take longer than three hours... you might want to sit while you wait" she continued realizing that I had no intention of moving from the door to the operating room.

I reluctantly went and sat at the waiting bench. My mind was currently thinking deeply about different ways of killing that Arnold. I felt the impulse to just go AWOL in the vampires territory. I sat for almost half an hour with nothing to hear except the beeping sounds coming from the operating room. The constant beeps was starting to get under my skin, it was so annoying that I was almost starting an angry episode again.

" Kate" I looked towards a smiling girl skipping happily towards me. I was really suspicious that something was wrong with her
" Kate?" I shook the smiling girl who was kinda in another world. She reminded me of a certain seriously drug addicted person. Kate just smiled. My eyes widened when I read her mind. ' I have to stab him'  she kept ranting the same thing over and over in her mind. What did she mean stab me?

All of a sudden, her hand jerked up from her pocket with a syringe filled with a greenish liquid aimed at my neck. Like a conditioned reflex, I grabbed her arm before it reached it's destination. She kept forcing it towards my neck but she wasn't strong enough. Was this the present Arnold said, this thing was supposed to remove me out of the equation? Had I not had the mind reading ability, she could have stabbed me.

" Kate?.. Kate?" I ranted her name as I shook her. I felt nervous. My eyes glowed out of helplessness but surprisingly it was all that it took to bring her back.
" Why am I in the hospital?" she looked around confused " holding a syringe at you?"
I hugged her tightly.