Meeting Vlad

" It was a very stupid move Sam, storming into our territory and killing five of ours? " Dr George scolded me after I had successfully evaded Meryln on the way to his office.
" I had no intention to fight... " I retorted in a hushed voice when I heard someone pass by the door.
" The council won't care, you broke the treaty... '
" You said you organized a meeting" I interrupted him. Dr George sighed then looked at me as if asking if I was sure about it.

" My br.... our leader agreed to meet you on neutral ground.... The restaurant "
" Do they have Ashley?" I inquired
" That's about one of the agendas of the meeting.... speaking of it, we are about five minutes late already" he said checking his watch. About everything he said, dr George was honest. He only left one particularly important detail  out, Arnold was accompanying Vlad.

The restaurant was crowded which made me wonder why he chose such a place filled with normal humans for a meeting. It wasn't hard to spot about eight men clad in expensive black suits at a particular corner. Two of them were sitting while the other six stood right behind them. The first thing that registered on my mind was the perfume scent I grew to hate, Claire's killer. I took a deep calming breath to make my expression return to normal.
" Don't act on impulse" dr George warned, he might have picked up the steady rise of my heart beat.

I went over and took a seat opposite them. Dr George went over and stood behind his brother. The supposed Vlad was about dr George's age. His black hair was well groomed his eyes that were staring right back at me, deadpan. I turned over to look at Arnold, I specifically stared at his smug face for a very long time. For that while, the only language spoken was silence. People around us were going about their meals not noticing how awkward things were getting at our table.

" It's a nice afternoon..."
" Where's Ashley?" I interrupted Vlad
" Quite impatient... are we? "he smirked
" I came for Ashley , not pleasantries" I retorted.
" She's quite alive" Arnold said. From his mind, I saw her current state. She was dying... In a caged cell, maybe out of hunger because her lips were cracked and dried.
" What have you done to her" I felt my heart start to ache. I gripped the edges of my seat so hard I felt my knuckles crack. It was taking everything I had to prevent myself from attacking Arnold now and there. He provoked me twice in a row with people whom I cared about.

" I'll just do what I did to that pretty girlfriend of yours when she becomes weak... " He continued.
" Why did you kill Claire? " I asked with a small smile. That was the most extreme state his taunts put me into.
" You had to rape her you son of a bitch" I growled.
The six men behind the two men edged forward .

" Can't you be any wiser guys... " Vlad said
" You broke the treaty two times and you would do it for the third time because you are pissed off?.... Remember we came for a negotiation"
I turned  at Vlad when he spoke.
" Let's make a deal...I'm willing to forget your stupid actions if you satisfy only one condition of ours..."
" What condition?" I asked
" Deny Ashley as your mate....then convince her to get married to my son, Arnold"

I took a full minute to entertain the condition in my mind. It was so ridiculous I had to laugh out loud.
" You are serious?" I smiled humoured. I didn't have to ask again to know they were really serious. Give up Ashley? Or my mate as they called it, maybe...
" If I'm dead " I said sternly
" We can take you right here, what makes you think we can't kill you" Vlad said.
" These are our best fighters and you are outnumbered nine to one"

" One hand on our alpha and you are all dead" I heard a voice sounding from behind me. Wellington's. He came with men too, how he found me , I really had no idea but I was happy anyway. The vampires got slightly wary of my men, I could tell they weren't used to being in the presence of werewolves and an alpha of whom they didn't know all the while was sitting beside them.

" I see you brought friends alpha..." Vlad stared at me with more profoundness
"You still can't attack us ...and we still have her" Arnold laughed. He was so pea brained  it baffled me. How can a vampire so old be so useless. He couldn't think past his dick.
" Have you considered our condition again?...think of it as a once in a while chance to save your pack from a war with us and the council's wrath "  Vlad said

" Or maybe you should consider my conditions....let me see Ashley and secondly when you leave which is just about time, you should leave your stupid son behind" I said with a smirk
Vlad chuckled as he stood up, Arnold was fuming by his seat. His mind was in a haywire.
" Dad...just let the council handle this bast...."
" I don't care about the fucking council" I banged the table
" I'll kill you soon enough Arnold" I said " so soon"
Vlad took a moment to stare deadly at me before he left with his men.

" Thanks for coming guys" I turned and smiled at my men.
" Are we going to let them go?" Wellington asked
" Humans" I looked around
" They will attack" Jake said
" No, they won't " I said " not just yet"
Vlad was currently having another plan in mind , he wasn't going to attack unless he was just stupid.

" Continue with the measures I laid down yesterday .... Just in case"