Entering the basement

"Are you ready?" I asked on my way to the pack in the evening.
" We are waiting for you" wellington mind linked back. After I had parked my car on our mansion's garage, I made way into my office. The fighters were all dressed in black attires. They covered each part of their body save for their heads. The attires made it hard for me to make out their scents, it seemed negligible.
" Here's yours" Derrick handed me one
" Cool" I said putting it on. It stretched depending on your size.
" Does not only mask your scents ,it allows you not to shift"
" How is that an advantage?" I asked wellington
" Uhm!..we can't blow our covers if we don't shift, so it's an advantage in this case" he smiled.
I shook my head.
" Okay, let's go. We'll walk. Now remember, no shifting unless really necessary " .

Under the nights cover, Lucas led us into the vampires territory. We stayed at the border for two hours waiting until darkness was at its fullest before we tip toed inside.

The forest was devoid of vampires, he was right about the ceremony that was to happen tonight. We maintained our cover until we reached a cleared ground.

I had to admit that the vampires really liked expensive things. They lived in an open mansion with expensive cars lined on the front. They had also put security lights all-over, very spendthrift. They were really rich. The door to the mansion was closed. I heard faint noice from inside, chatting and laughing …. merry.

We didn't make a move but stayed hidden behind the forest until the time was right. Two vampires got out of the mansion to look around, their eyes lingered at our position. For a moment I almost thought they knew we were here but they retreated after some minutes.

We waited till we heard silence in the mansion. It was our hint that incantations would start soon.
"Is there any other way inside...apart from the front door" I mind linked Lucas. Our target was the vampires at the basement and saving the captives. It wouldn't benefit us if we were found out before even starting the mission.
"No, only one way in and out" Lucas replied. This really complicated matters but we couldn't turn back right now.
" Everyone , we are going to enter the vampires hive. Dying is not a choice, I leave with everyone just as I came. We avoid causing the slightest noise that would alert the vampires. Be aware, the mission's success is paramount" I mind linked everyone

I was the first one to light step towards the door. It was left unlocked, which saved us the trouble of causing noise while breaking it. I silently pushed the door then entered. Wellington and the others maintained a close distance behind me. The ground floor was empty, I didn't have to ask Lucas to know the way to the basement, I smelt Ashley's scent. I paused to feel it for a moment then followed it .

We reached a steel door that probably led to the basement, it was locked. There was no way of unlocking it without gathering attention. From the other side, I could hear the thoughts of two vampires who were seemingly guards. Patience was a virtue, we stood outside the door for more than five minutes before I found valuable information.
" One of the keys is in one of the rooms upstairs" I mind linked everyone. I got no response for some couple seconds before someone volunteered to go. If one of the twins went ,the other one would undeniably go.
" Upper drawer of the white cabinet, the furthest room to the left,no one is there" I said

Sheld and Muss came minutes later with a set of keys. From their thoughts, they encountered no problem at all. So far, our plan was going smoothly as it would get. I took the keys then opened the door.
" Wellington you handle the right one, I'll take the one on the left. Logan and Derrick, hide the bodies ." I said.
The moment we entered, the unsuspecting vampires were really suprised. They made to attack but we had the advantage in suprise and strength. I was also an alpha and Wellington the beta, they wouldn't stand a chance. I clutched my arms around my vampires neck and twisted it silently and swiftly that it took only two seconds to put him down. We locked ourselves in the basement trapping ourselves and the vampires here. Apart from the extra key we took from outside, there wasn't any other.