Start of war

" Put your hands up " a sheriff came into view pistol pointed at me. He cautiously stepped forward while examining the dead body then my bloodied arms . I only stared blankly at him not intending to move at all.
" I said put your hands up" he shouted while more deputies came into view. If only the world wasn't civilized, I would have started a killing spree searching for Claire's killer. I would have shifted to my wolf and track the murderer's scent.  The killer was running and they were here pointing guns at me. They thought I was the killer, I smiled though it seemed so ridiculous.

I ignored the officers and stared back at Claire.
"For the last time.....put em' up " I heard the sheriff shout. But I still remained still. A shock string was aimed at my heart, what did they think of me? Human? The only thing that string did was tickle me, that was nothing compared to the electrocution I had recently experienced.

One courageous deputy tried to lift my hands off Claire but I didn't budge at all much to his suprise. I had to leave her but I had to. She's gone, I sighed. I lifted up my hands then stood up. I allowed the deputy to cuff me then lead me to one of their  cars. I vowed to find her killer  and make him suffer  that he wished he was dead. Currently being arrested was the least of my concerns, my thoughts were on finding a way of avenging Claire.

"Excuse me, where are you taking her" I asked as I watched her body being loaded into a black van.
"Shut it murderer" the deputy sitting on the driver's seat snapped. Didn't I just ask kindly enough, and did he have to call me that?
" Can't you just answer me?" I shouted . He gave me a cold shoulder thinking I was just causing more trouble.

I kicked the front seat with my legs. I kept kicking furiously until it got knocked off it's hinges . It smashed the windscreen on its way out. I felt really agitated. More deputies came and dragged me out of the car and led me to another vehicle. One particularly deputy was having a death wish, he kept pushing me roughly every now and then . I stopped abruptly and glared at him
" I swear if you push my head again...I'll rip your head out and use it to play basketball"
My threat was clear, my body language even much more that he backed off. I was way bigger than him, I could do what I said to him easily.

I was later driven to the station and placed in a interrogation room with a person I didn't bother to catch his name.
" I didn't kill her"
" Then who did?" the man asked.
Claire had found out something about Ashley, was it that secret that got her killed? The old man, my eyes lit up. Maybe he saw the murderer's face.
" Fuck I'm talking to you" the man banged the table breaking me out of my chain of thoughts.
" I said I didn't kill her" I spelt each word to emphasize my annoyance.
" Did you perhaps see the killer?"  he asked
" I didn't see him"
" How do you know it's a male then if you didn't see him?"  he had laid a trap in his question
" How did you find her body?" he continued. I couldn't possibly tell him my nose led me to her.

" Your prints are all over her body, you are our main suspect. We are looking at three charges here...." 
I looked at him lazily as he ranted on
" Rape?...that's about forty years in jail, murder? probably a lifetime in prison, threatening an officer?.."
That deputy had it coming, I thought.
" If you are cooperative, your sentence can be reduced...I can put a good word for you in court"
Another trap, I figured out. He continued rambling on and on until my ears hurt, it was like being in a law history class.

" Instead of trying to pin the murder to me.... shouldn't you be out there searching for my girlfriend's killer?. Maybe ask the old man who dialed 911 what he saw before I came by.  I can't believe I'm doing a better job than you in solving a murder" I snapped at his face. The man sighed then left the room his pride offended.

Uncle Stark came in , I almost forgot he was a detective. He didn't carry any papers like the previous man .
" I'm not supposed to be here at all, so why don't you tell me what happened before the sheriff finds out I'm here" he went directly to the point.
" She called me to meet her at blue street, she sounded like she was being chased. An old man saw the man who took her, I was too late" I summed up everything. Uncle Stark believed me, I was happy he did so.
" The dna results won't be until tomorrow noon, I know you didn't kill her" he smiled then patted my back before he left.

I was locked up in a cell for the first time in Tenac town .