Crisis

I decided to put supernatural stuff away from my mind today. I decided to behave as normal as I could, except the mind reading thing which I was still learning how to not eavesdrop. Their thoughts would just enter my head, but I was searching for a way to block them.

Today I suprised Cruiz and Shurk by taking a book and starting to read, that was so different from my regular normal behavior of not studying. Of course they were angry that I didn't reply to any of their texts or calls but after I had bought them lunch, they stopped with the questions.

Rodriguez wasn't at school today but his boys were. They did their best to act respectfully when I was around them . To my happiness , the vallens were at school today. But to my utter dismay , Ashley wasn't. I felt like I hadn't seen her in a year, I felt like speaking to her. What took me by suprise the most was that the vallens looked at me strangely, almost with hate, like I did something bad. I didn't get the time to approach them after lunch since we had class, so I made up my mind to catch them before they left school.

"What's up " I jogged towards the vallens. I was just running laps in the field when I saw them leave. I caught up with them just before they entered their fancy car.
"You have been avoiding me all day" I said . Their thoughts were a mixture of hate and regret that made me look confused.
" You decided to be a wolf" Rob said almost as if I betrayed them. How they knew about it, I didn't know, but it had something to do with the secret Ashley kept from me.
"I didn't chose it.....I woke up being one"  I explained.
Amelia chuckled as she entered the car. Miguel went over and started it, Rob following.

" Where's Ashley?" I sighed defeatedly. Now they were mad I'm a werewolf.
" You are the reason she's locked up right now" Amelia spat
" What do you mean I'm the reason?......" I asked
" Hey!" I shouted at the car that was already exiting the school grounds.
" Where's she locked up" I whispered to myself. I took out my phone and called her number. It directed me to voicemail everytime I tried.

" Is everything okay?"
I turned to look at Kate who was approaching with another girl, Henna.
"We saw you ran after the vallens and you took long to come back" she said
"I'm okay, just some business I needed to settle" I smiled. But my thoughts right now were racing on Ashley's wherebouts.
"Can you drive us home?" Kate asked. I was just going to answer her when my phone rang, it was Claire .

The first thing I heard when I answered the phone was her panting voice.
"Sam....I have found out the secret" she paused to gasp for air.
"Hey.....just breathe first" I said my heart starting to catch a pace. Was she running from something?
"Ashley......ooh shit" she paused and cursed before I heard the sound of her running.
"Are you alright?" I quickly asked. The other end was silent for a moment.
"What about her?"
"Blue street, meet me there" she hung up after the words.

I tried to call her again but her phone was switched off.
"Can you drive?" I asked them. They shook their heads . I took some dollars and stashed them in Kate's hands
"Get a cab or the bus, I've got urgent business to report to" I said then hastily left in my car.