Nerium Oleander

I'm in the hospital? How the fuck did I get here? I'm even on life support machine? I roughly pulled the tubes out of my arms and the breathing equipment. I just fainted for a moment and had about one of the weirdest dreams in my life only to wake up in a ward room, like I was almost dead. This is unacceptable, I angrily stood up. I've always hated hospitals to my very core, they couldn't help my mom, and I abhorred them. Someone even had the audacity to dress me I a stupid blue hospital gown.

"You can't do that boy," I saw a slightly chubby nurse hurry inside the room I was in. Her squinted eyes showed that she was serious and that she was really experienced in handling stubborn patients. But I was more serious, so I didn't give a damn about her large arms which were supposed to be terrifying. "I'm out of here" i said angrily" I want my clothes...and the person who made me wear this" I shouted at the end of my sentence. "Come on boy, the gown looks good on you. Now be a good lad and get to your bed" the nurse had the impudence of smiling whilst I was fuming and trembling in my own anger. "You don't call me a boy..." I pointed out angrily before she rudely cut me off with an ambiguous smile "Trust me, I changed you myself, I saw it all "she chuckled amused. I only managed to grunt angrily then stomp outside.

"Sam get back to bed," Uncle stark blocked me at the door. A tall, slightly built doctor stood behind him.

"What am I doing here uncle?" I inquired seriously. Uncle stark sighed then dragged me back to the bed with a bitter smile. "Care to explain" I muffled my voice trying at my very best to suppress some mysterious rage building inside me. "How do you feel?" he asked with worried eyes that baffled me, I was alive and well, didn't he see that. "As strong as a horse...." I started "it really looked strong" the nurse interposed earning sardonic gazes from my uncle and the doctor. I glared at her; I really wished to squeeze every last bit of fat from her." I mean... he looked really strong, his arms I mean, not arms only of course...uhm... the legs too....when I got in here that is , not before "she stuttered. She was only making me angrier by the second; she was clearly not in her right mind. "I'll just leave" she blinked then sauntered off

"I'm sorry about that" the doctor said for the first time in the room. His smile was kind and genuine but that couldn't change the fact that I was angry and here without an explanation. "I'm dr George" he smiled stretching out his hand. "and I'm angry" I turned to uncle stark" why am I here?". " I'll tell you if you apologize to dr George lanay for your irregurlar unapproved uncouth demeanors" he reproached. Did he just say Lanay? I mean I knew Ashley Lanay, the girl I was utterly and totally over her. I loved her, even her toes.I just behaved rude in front of her dad. I felt my anger reside making me feel calm again, when I thought of her." My daughter studies at your school, Ashley, you might have heard of her?" dr George asked. Daughter? I gulped that was a very bad first impression on Ashley's father I was putting up.Couldnt be undone, my rude actions "I'm so sorry" I managed to say even though I knew it would not change his view about me. But his smile seemed like he really didn't care about my insolent actions.

"You suddenly collapsed and hit your head on the kitchen floor, the doctor said you were in a deep coma" uncle stark explained. "Why did I collapse?" I asked, I recalled only taking a bite off a hamburger, and then I felt dizzy. "I suspect it was Nerium Oleander, I found traces of it in your mouth" Dr George added. I squinted my brows enquiringly. "Nerium Oleander is a very poisonous plant that causes death in severe cases. It induces a long coma in which case you are lucky it was only a coma" he continued. Wow, how did that plant find way into the hamburger, I live in the rural of course, I answered myself. I gazed at uncle stark whose expression was also that of shock. "This plant doesn't grow in these parts of the country and it's extremely rare and only a handful is left around the globe. But I am curious why it was only in the part of the burger you bit?" Dr George took a notebook and sat beside me. I only stared at him blankly, I was completely clueless." is someone planning on offing my nephew?" uncle stark voiced my very suspicion. I didn't have any blood feuds with no one. Dr George sighed then noted something on his notebook " you heal fast Sam" " come here every evening before six, ill perform further experiments to confirm every trace is taken out of your system. Dr George then left us after signing my discharge documents without a word.