First animal hunt

My rumbling tummy woke me up, it reminded me that I hadn't eaten for almost a day. The sun was high up, it was almost noon. The longest relaxing sleep I've ever had. My mind was pleasingly blank, I didn't even dream at all. Apart from feeling hungry and thirsty, I felt like I wasn't that much of a trip wire anymore.

I was walking back when I caught the scent of a hare. As much as the temptation to mangle it was great, the fat hare could barely qualify for a snack . I grunted as I let it be. How can a forest so huge lack huge herds of beasts....I was seriously disappointed.

I was just walking lazily panting my tongue out when my ears perked up. That is way too many scents to be concentrated on one place. With a rejuvenated spring, I followed the scent which basically led me to a stream. Over a hundred unsuspecting deers were watering. I singled out one of them , it was grazing by itself. It looked a bit too old and frail but it would still satisfy my hunger.

I took a deep breath and prepared to pounce. On a count of three, I jumped from the undergrowth that covered me unto it. Surprisingly, it only lifted it's head then widened it's big circular eyes at me. I expected it to run or do something but it did not. Okay, that was a new one...isn't it supposed to run? Or I'm not frightening enough.

I hesitated for a second but a second was all that it took for the whole herd to spot me and start having a panic attack. They took off in every direction their hooves thumping the earth loudly. The old deer still stood right infront of me with no intention of running. I was so mesmerized by this stupid old deer that I watched it slowly walk away. After the deer was about ten steps away from me, it took off so fast my jaw had to drop. It was then that I realized I had been fooled  by a deer. I was just about to chase my meal when an even larger male deer with antlers large as tree branches jumped on my way.

It was so fat , large and muscular. The size of a horse, I licked my canines. The deer stomped it's front hooves in a challenge mode. What was up with these deers anyway?...I'm large, I have terrifying canines , how can they not be afraid of me?

For a moment, all I saw was antlers. I was pierced with blunt bones then pushed some distance away. The deer was rounding up for a second attack  but the first really infuriated me. Just when it was about to plough me again, I leaped over it then used my teeth to bite it's hind flank. It tripped then fell exposing it's neck. I had the right mind to sink my teeth into its neck. It kicked and gave whatever sound they give when dying but my jaw's grip was unbreakable.

I stood proudly over my first hunt then started eating it. I've never eaten a deer before , I didn't even have any idea of skinning it but my wolf body ate with such expertise it even baffled me. The deer was really tasty to my wolf taste buds, the human me would have to cook it first. I took a fill from the stream then headed towards my pack. I felt like I wasn't ready to face my family at the moment.

I was elated when I reached out territory. Training was being done  as I had ordered, the pack house was being reinforced under Wellington's supervision. Pack members were doing there duties as usual. I was happy that the pack didn't have any hard feelings against my decision. After I had changed, I left the pack house.