Meeting Ashley

Of course I didn't have time to inspect everyone else so I could only take a book and place it in front of my face pretending to study. A person lightly coughed just a distance from my desk. I turned to look at the funny faced guy with dirty blonde hair. He was skinny, maybe a bit skinny since his shirt was seemingly hanging from his shoulder blades, he seemed like the kind of guy who put less effort in studies but their grades were astonishing.

"The book is upside down" he pointed at my book with a playful smile. I quickly put the book in the right position.

" And its math lesson so you're holding the wrong book" he added taking out a math textbook

"You can have mine" he handed me it generously

"thanks"  I said a bit surprised, he was the second nerd I've talked to in this school and a good one. Nerds were such loners and thus I was surprised. 

" I'm Cruiz .....and you are Samael" he offered his hand

" how did you know my name?" I squinted my brows

"dude , your shirt's like branded with your name tag" he chuckled.

I quickly removed the name tag, how long has it been there? I was like a fucking walking puppy with a name tag on it's collar all the while.

" And here goes the teacher..." cruiz sighed boringly

"not again" I grumbled. It was actually mrs Lincoln, again. I'm so gonna hate this. She gave me one long ugly look then proceeded to the chalk board.

" Today we'll learn trigonometry four ..take out your stationery" she said scribbling roughly on the board.

"What's trigonometry class?" she turned and scanned the sea of hands that were up, I was probably the only one with his hands down . Her eyes stopped at me

"Samael Phantom is from the city, he must know a proper definition for it.. correct?" she smiled, pure evil. 

"why don't you enlighten us" she made me the center of attention , all the students staring at me with expectation

" I uh.. I'm ..trigonometry is.." damn I didn't know the fuck what the word meant , the teacher is probably messing with me for getting into her class knowing my capability so well.

"Is a branch of mathematics dealing with relationship between side lengths and angles of a triangle" Cruiz suddenly said earning suprised looks " the answer was so itchy I couldn't help it" he raised his hands innocently

Mrs Lincoln frowned then looked at cruiz disapprovingly " just as he said.. today we will major on the six ratios of trigonometry" she finally said. I nodded at cruiz gratefully .

The lesson went on swiftly for another two hours , though most of the words sounded Greek to me , I managed to grasp a bit of the lesson. I was even surprised at my dedication at this lesson.

The bell rang signifying the end of the class.

" thanks dude, I really have a bad foot in her" I said immediately she left class

"No one seems to like her around here much either" he said packing his books. That was well damn obvious, she wasn't that likeble .
" I'll show you around..c'mon"  he stood up. I was suprised he was taller than me, very tall. At most he ought to be a basketball player. He easily surpused everyone in the class.

"Dude, you already have a crush" cruiz playfully bumped me. I followed his eyes towards the girl from morning, Shurk. She was sending us curious looks .
"No" I laughed "I just met her"
"Just so you know, she's Mrs lincoln's fav student and top student of the school .... soo beauti.."
" Now who has a crush?"I chuckled
" Let me show you around...." he said with an embarrassed smile.