School invasion

School was as boring as it would get on a Monday morning. Yesterday I had a good moment at night with Claire, Shurk and Cruiz. It temporarily made me take a break from my messed up  relationship with Ashley. Cruiz was right, he had bought a half a crate of the best beer in town. At first, Shurk denied drinking but after a couple minutes watching us enjoy, she decided to give caution to the wind. It wasn't a surprise at all that Shurk did not come to school and that Cruiz was sleeping on his desk due to hangover. Claire had also come to Tenac to stay,  I wondered how she convinced her parents into allowing her to do that. She was really serious about keeping an eye on me while staying here.

The first period was math, Mrs Lincoln was on time as usual. She shot me a grave look immediately she stepped in the class. Considering how I threatened her on Friday, I so much deserved it. She didn't pick on me as was her norm which was a relief. I expected a suspension letter for threatening and disrespecting a teacher, I was suspicious of what Mrs Lincoln was planning. She didn't report me at all. It spooked me.
" Finally, I have your results for last week's assignment..." she started giving each person his or her paper. When she reached at my desk, my sight was greeted by a big round red zero. I had to recheck my name to confirm if the paper was mine.

"I don't think I should be getting this..." I voiced my opinion
"The answers are correct and all I get is a zero?"
"You copied..." Mrs Lincoln spat then proceeded forward.
"You were standing next to me the whole assignment period" I complained, is this how she's going to play it?
"I don't believe you can score higher than any of my students, your results are too perfect to be true."
"!!!???" I stared at her speechless. That's the highest form of discrimination I've experienced in my life. I can't score higher because I have a bad history?

I was just preparing to storm out of the class when the fire alarm sounded. I didn't smell any smoke nor see any fire but I sure heard a commotion outside. It didn't take long  before a teacher banged into our class his chest heaving.
"Everyone to the school hall ... RIGHT NOW" he shouted. Students began rushing out without even packing their books.
"What's happening?" I asked Cruiz as I followed him outside. Students were literally running towards the hall, teachers were no exceptions.
" A lockdown"
"Why?" I asked trying to keep up with him.
"The last time we heard a lockdown, some students died . Something about an attack by forest animals"
Weird. I thought. The hall was the only structure in the school that could contain the school's total population. As such, it was stacked when we arrived. I spotted the principal and the faculty members by the center. It seemed these animals were real dangerous and were taken seriously.
" Stay away from the windows" the principal shouted which made students edge closer to the center. I was lucky I was in the outer ring so I didn't have to get squeezed.

What suprised me the most was that Rodriguez and the players were allowed to stand guard at the door. What was so special about them? I wondered. Five other men who wore casual clothing stood around Rodriguez, they were heavily built as well. He appeared to be involved in a deep conversation with them. Wasn't Rodriguez just a student? it made me wonder again what kind of person he was.

I kept thinking what was attacking the school that only the players seemed to be the ones who could handle it. A piercing scream made the noisy hall go silent.