Chapter 2: Dare

Armin's POV

I missed school so much it felt like I have been stored in an empty room the whole summer. I just read good books, played video games and visit the park to unwind.

Eren and Mikasa have to go to another country to visit their uncle and grandma and I don't want to bother Jean cause he is such a playboy always hitting on cute girls like Hitch. They are the same with Reiner.

That guy is hella strong during our PE class that I almost broke my leg when we partnered. And that's when I promised I would never go near that guy.

Sasha has always been eating still but this girl never really got fat. I thought she was into Connie but it turned out she has a crush on a restaurant owner near our school and always goes there whenever she likes.

Ymir and Mikasa are the ones acting strange on the last days of school last year. They both are being protective to Eren and Historia in our group chat. Did something I didn't know happen and they just kept it a secret? I will talk about this when I meet Eren.

School is on tomorrow I will finally be able to see my friends again.

Seeing Historia's picture really reminds me of something but I don't know what is it. Time has passed and I've surely forgotten about it. Even my favorite handkerchief is gone. Grandma said she will embroider my name on it because the blue suits my blond locks. But I lost it on the day I went to that park and ever since, I have never came back. We moved a little farther, to a new house.

My Dad became so busy with our company I barely even talk to him. My Mom too is always reading cases on her study room she had many clients these past few days. My brother Erwin is also travelling country to country to represent our business. They are just all too busy to bother about me. We dont have family dates now unlike before when my dad isn't the CEO and my brother was in college.

When I will have my own family, I will make sure things will never be like this. I will always make sure I have time for my kids and wife.

I love being at school and being lost in the crowd. It makes me forget how alone I am.

Eren is like a brother to me and Mikasa, she's like my sister.

If only they are here, they'd come to this big lonely house and we'd do everything we want. We can even go to other places if we want. It's not like my parents care anyway. I just go to our home library and drown myself to books. I would love to visit a beach for a while to unwind.

I stared at the ceiling waiting for sleepiness to take over.

"Armin, wake up it's time to go to school." My mom opened the curtains. The sunlight reaching my eyes is too much too handle.

"Oh shit! Am I late?!" I immediately went to the bathroom.

"Arminnn.. language." She warned.

"Sorry Mom. Wont happen again!" I shouted at the bathroom.

"Hmm you always say that son. Anyway, I left everything to your wallet okay you're a big boy now so go, do everything just not the stupid ones. I'm going. Go take the red car today you know where the keys are." She reminded then my door closed.

"You are always as early Mom." I smiled as I thought of driving one of the new cars my brother have always thought of having to drive it first than me. Maybe I should give my family a chance? Will they change?

"Looks like I won today Erwin haha!" I quickly changed to my school uniform and went to the kitchen to grab some toast. I brought everything with me and hop to the car. The sweet smell of a brand new car lingered on my nose.