Chapter 52: Friend

Annie's POV

"Hello to my precious brother! How was school?" I hugged Falco as soon as I saw him running towards me.

He grew taller than before. His height now levels on my waist. What a cute little boy he is.

"It was tiring Annie you won't believe it we played tug of war and my team lost." He pouted as I listened to his rants.

"What's your order? The waiter is waiting." Colt says as he reads on the menu with Dad beside him.

"Spare ribs please and a vegetable salad." I told him as Falco was still talking about his school and I complemented him.

I really love listening to little kids talking about their dreams. You could just tell that they are so excited in everything. Like their enthusiasm wouldn't die down quickly. I smiled as I looked at my brother.

I hope he never loses that smile when he grows up.

"I invited the Galliard brothers today since we had meeting earlier and haven't finish talking about it then." Dad says as I looked at the familiar twins going inside by the door.

"Porco, Marcel. Long time no see." I smiled at them as they took a seat.

And Porco sat in front of me with his usual stiff expression. Marcel is by my side and was the opposite as he always smiles a lot.

We ate there while constantly getting to know each other's work today. I missed them too since the last time they were around was on my graduation ball and it was crashed.

"You should go for a check up." Porco says and I nodded and told him I already went there.

We went back to work after lunch. I rechecked my phone every now and then hoping to get a text or call from Armin but I guess he is having fun right now with his colleagues.

I worked for hours and when I was done I felt sleep knocked me out and I rested there on my chair as I was so tired.

I heard the door opened so I immediately opened my eyes hoping it's Armin but it was met with Porco. I was a little bit disappointed.

"Porco? What are you doing here?" I asked him. I don't know why he is here.

"Annie.. Can we talk?" He asks as he went closer to me.

I nodded and immediately got up and went to where he is. I followed him outside and we went to an empty garden just at the back of the building.

"What is it Porco?" I asked. Slightly trying to catch my breath as soon as I arrived. He sure walks fast.

"I love Pieck. I'm sorry for what happened to you." He looked down as he started.

I listened to him without giving a word as he mentioned Pieck.

"I'm sorry if I helped her when you were still in middleschool. You didn't notice me but I studied there too with another track." He added.

"I know she wasn't done plotting everything to you. She has an illness. I tried to have her checked before but she didn't listened to me." He still looked down.

I patted his back.

"What happened in the past shall remain in the past. I know you tried your best too Porco. Even I, I do believe Pieck can still change for the better." I said and smiled at him.

"How can you forgive her that easily when she caused you so much trouble?" He asks which I was unable to answer. I went silent for a while.

"She went mad because of me. I was the reason why she still can't move on about her mother and I felt her pain." I spoke.