Chapter 17: The Encounter

Armin's POV

"Sir your helicopter will arrive in 10 minutes."

Says my secretary as I fixed all the things needed for me to go to the nearby island where we are planning to establish our new branch there.

After graduating, I started working in our company as COO and gradually became a CEO.

My father and I are now the co-owners of the company as he is now old to manage the whole Corporation.

My brother Erwin remained in his position because he wants to travel more places.

"Sir I cleared all of your incoming meetings for the next week." My secretary informed.

"Okay, you are free to go Hitch." I said as I looked at the familiar photo of Annie on my office desk.

It was photo she badly wanted to delete when we went to Safe Haven.

"Yes sir! Excuse me."

I immediately put it in between my planner and packed then went outside holding my bag.

"Dad I have to go. I will be gone for a week."

I said as I stuffed some important documents arranged neatly on his table and put it in a suit case.

"Be careful son and dont forget to call us especially your mom." He said as he patted my shoulder and I smiled.

"Of course, dad."

The drove on the helicopter was quick than on boat. Ever since I heard of what happened to Annie, I never looked in the same way to boats or ships. I never wanted to ride those because it will only remind me of her.

Upon my arrival I was welcomed by the officials of the islands local government. They put some welcome gift for me and I shook hands with them.

"Welcome Mr. Arlert."

"Thank you"

After the picture taking and the discussion of terms and agreement. I went to the hotel on where I will be staying not far from the beach.

I spotted a lot of tourists going in and out of the island as it has the most beautiful white sands.

She would have loved to see all of this is she's still with me.

I removed my things open my laptop to check my emails and submit a report to my dad.

By the time it was done, it was already 3 pm when I realized that I am hungry and at the same time I want to explore everything in here to look for best places to build the branch.

I went to its largest mall. The intrinsic design is very attractive they definitely invested so much money on this but some stalls inside's product prices are affordable by many.

I ate at a luxurious looking restaurant with unlimited buffet although costly but the food offers were great.

I spend almost an hour just walking and observing the operations of the mall and decided to look for the comfort room.

I was walking throughout the long alley when I noticed a familiar blonde girl but her long hair was down. She was wearing a cream attire with white crop top beneath it and a black small bag.

As I went closer to her I noticed her face so I grabbed her hand.

She got scared of me for a moment. Maybe she was thinking I was a snatcher or shoplifter or any bad person.

I looked at her, checking every inch of her and I think I did scare the her.

I looked back to her as she was so shocked at how close our faces are.