Chapter 23: Where to?

Armin's POV

"Mr. Grice I like your daughter. Can I court her?" I asked a few moments after he agreed to my proposal.

"Mr. Arlert I don't mind you courting her because I know you are a good man and successful." He smiled at me.

I smiled widely at his reply.

"I will not disappoint you Sir. I will take care of her." I smiled at him as I excused myself to where Melannie has headed to few minutes earlier.

She went to the office of the CFO to have her papers signed. I found out she will be having her training here by the next weeks. Great!

"Thank you Sir. I will do my best." She smiled at the officer and met me staring at her. I smiled.

"Armin? What are you doing here?" She asked smiling not knowing why I almost follow her everywhere today.

"Uhmm.. Melannie do you have something to do later?" I scratched the back of my head a little and looked to her shock expression. Did I said something bad?

"Not really except have a little review on my past lessons." She smiled as she made her way towards outside.

"Great. Can you go out with me?" What I said made her hault to her tracks.

"Are you sure about this?" She smiled shyly. I know she doesn't fully trust me but I have to earn it.

"Don't worry. I already asked permission from your dad." I winked at her and held her hand tight as I started dragging her outside.

"Where are we going?" She asked innocently.

"Somewhere fun" I answered. I opened my phone and called someone.

"I need a car today. Yeah, the latest. I'm heading there." I said on the other line and hang up.

"But first, I have to get a car so I can drive anywhere. Is that fine with you?" I asked her as she was still shocked.

She nodded and I look back at her. I smiled as I cupped her cheek.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. Can you trust me? Even just for a day?" I said smiling, hoping she will get it.

She held the hand cupping her cheek and said "of course" and smiled. I am shy but I want to be bolder when I'm with her. I am never letting go of her hand in mine.

I called a cab as she called someone on her phone, her driver.

"Mr. can you please watch over Falco in school. I am headed to somewhere with a friend. Yeah, I'll be back." She ended up the call and looked at the taxi in front of us.

I opened the door and went the opposite side to go in.

"To the nearest audi branch please." I said.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she went silent.

"Yeah, I'm fine just a little worried with my brother." She smiled. Ah her little brother Falco. Maybe I can fetch him from school later then and bring her home.

"I'm sure he'll be spending time with his crush again." I laughed to ease the tension. She did the same.

"I'm starting to think that you're a stalker. How did you know about that?" She laughed. True enough. I went over to her profile yesterday and saw that post again.

"Let's just say I happened to watch it on my newsfeed." I reasoned out but she laughed.

Her laugh is like music to my ears. They sounded just the same the figure and all, except the makeup and the dress she serves always. It's an additional highlight for her.