Chapter 30: Anger

Melannie's POV

I arrived late as usual. Pieck is always an early bird when we two meet.

"Pieck. It's good to see you again." I hugged her and she did the same.

"Me too Melannie.. I'm sorry I got busy with our Finance Company and I had to take care of Zofia." She smiled but it faded eventually.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I started smiling at her.

I am thinking she will confess to me her real relationship with Porco Galliard our neighbor so I got really excited.

"But first.. waiter." She signaled the waiter and it immediately attended to us.

We picked different dishes from the menu he handed but since I already ate, I just ordered some sweets.

"Melannie..I have something to say to you." She sounded serious which made me intrigued.

"Someone handed me these." She pushed a brown envelope towards me. I gulped.

"What is this?" I slowly opened the envelope and saw my face.

"Pieck, I don't understand. Why is there a picture that looks like me here?" I exclaimed at her while she stayed silent still.

"A guy called me yesterday to see the mailbox at our gate. Of course, I went there and I saw that. I didn't know the content would be like that." She added while crossing her arms in her chest.

I read the paper and it is a birth certificate. Name: Annie Leonhart.

Lies inside the envelope are pictures of me wearing round glasses and a uniform. I felt my mouth opened unintentionally as I scanned the pictures and saw some students around my age wearing the same uniform again but I didn't recognize them.

And then I saw him, Armin Arlert.

He was there beside me. Placing his hand over my shoulder.

I let out a gasp. What is this?! I don't remember anything like this!

The last pictures were horrible as it looked like a locker, a card, and a mirror in red.

A tear escaped in my eyes as I looked at my bestfriend.

"The guy said to me that you were once Armin's girlfriend because of a dare. You used to look like that when you were younger and a lot of people bullied you including this group of friends."

She pointed out at the picture while saying those.

"Unfortunately, they played on you. They initiated a dare to make you fall with Armin. In which he was your long time crush." She added.

I was shocked. I listened to her with teary eyes. What is happening? Why do I look like the girl Annie?

"But they made horrible things for you because they want you gone. They cannot accept you because you came from an average family while they were all born rich." She stopped.

"Wait.. There must have been a misunderstanding.. Pieck. I am Melannie Grice. She must have just looked like me." I reasoned out.

"I will continue. The man said you rode a barge towards here and it exploded years ago. And those friends became happy because they never saw you again." She added.

"What?? But what does it have to do with me?" I asked.

The waiter arrived and served us our food. I immediately wiped my tears and listened to her.

"I think you should ask your dad. I am not so sure about this." She drank her coffee and looked at me.

"About what?" I was so bewildered.