Chapter 31: I'm back

Author's Note:

I can't believe I wrote several chapters in a row seriously now I look like I dont have workpaper to finish! XD

See you guys next week. Wear your mask. ♡♡♡

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Armin's POV

"Hello Mr. Leonhart? This is Armin." I called Annie's father in an attempt to tell them the truth.

"Yes son, Armin! How are you? It's been years." Mr. Leonhart laughed at the other line as I cleared the lumped upon my throat.

"Mr. Leonhart can I talk to you and Mrs. Leonhart? It's about your daughter."

An uncomfortable silence envelops the conversation at the mention of her name.

"I guess we never really moved on. What is it son?" He asks.

"Maybe it's better if we talk in person Sir. I have something to show you." I reassured him as I heard deep sighs over the line.

"Okay. Let me call her and we will come back home." He said.

They are coming home after years.

"I will see you in your home Sir. Good bye." I said as I hanged up the phone.

The Leonhart have decided to leave their house abandoned while they try to cope to the loss of their only daughter. They lived in their sisters home to avoid loneliness all this time.

I guess we never really moved on.

True. I never even moved on.

After all this time, I'm still into her.

They could be here by tomorrow.

Just 2 days left and I'll see you again, Annie. Wait for me. I will love you now like I you never left.

The morning came and I hurried to where their home was located. The memories of the night we spent before the accident that had me on comma for months years ago resurfaced as I parked my car on the driveway.

I slowly approached the dusty door and knocked a few times.

"Oh that must be Armin already." I heard her mom said as the door opened.

"Good morning Mrs. Leonhart. It's so good to see you again." I smiled at them as they greeted me the same and motioned me to sit on the couch.

"I will make you some tea." Her mother says brightly as she went to the kitchen already.

"So sorry about the dust. We just came here yesterday night and we got really tired." Mr. Leonhart was reading a newspaper again at the corner of the room.

"It's alright Sir. I understand." I smiled but deep down I was internally debating how to say it to them.

"Here's your tea." Mrs. Leonhart came with the hot tea in her hand.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Leonhart." I sipped.

"So you have something to tell us today Armin what is it?" She asked cheerfully.

I put down the cup of tea on the coffee table and looked at the both of them. This would really startle them.

"I really don't where to start Mr. and Mrs. Leonhart but Annie.. Your daughter is still alive.." As I said those. I saw how their eyes widened in shock and tears started flowing from their eyes out of joy.

"What do you mean Armin?" Mr. Leonhart asks.

"I saw her on another island sir. She is alive. I talked to her." I added.