Chapter 13: Dream

Annie's POV

I sat at the waiting area with all of them praying and crying that the gods will help Armin be saved.

"He will be okay Annie" Sasha said as she offered me some of her food instead of eating it.

The others were busy to their phones contacting everyone close to Armin and informing them of what happened to them.

Few moments after, a loud voice of a woman echoed throughout the hallway and a crying mess lady in corporate attire is running towards the emergency room.

"I'm sorry madame but you are not allowed to go inside." Said the nurse as he went back inside.

"But my son.." Mrs. Arlert spoke as he looked slowly at Eren tears still evident on her eyes and went to him to hug him his son's bestfriend.

He was followed by two boys in business suit running towards our direction. It was Mr. Arlert and his older brother. They both joined Mrs. Arlert in their deepest melancholy, determined to find the culprit of this incident.

Not long after, the doctor appeared right in front of us.

We hurriedly went to him to ask about his condition.

"The patient is now stable but I am sorry to inform you that he is in coma. We are still unsure if he will wake up or when he will wake up and for that we will be moving him to the ICU. " He bowed slightly as he excused himself towards another room but Mrs. Arlert followed him and begged.

"Please Doctor! Please save my son!! I will pay no matter how much the cost. Just please save my son! I beg you.." She remarked in between hiccups unable to contain the feeling of desperation to risk everything for her child, the last word sounded broken.

As what mothers should do.

Upon hearing those words, a single but heavy tear escape from my eyes as I looked down and looked at my hands.

What have I done?

Nothing.

I couldn't save him.

What if, this happened to him because of me?

The pang of guilt gushed into my mind as I remembered the call I received earlier the incident.

This got to be that person.

That one wicked person.

He has to pay the price.

As they were all preoccupied with thinking how this happened to him. My phone rang.

It was the same number as the one who called me earlier. This bastard.

"So how's the show?" An amplified voice echoed the phone call.

I can't recognize if the one speaking is a guy or a girl. How can I know who he is if he is concealing his identity well?

"How dare you do this to him you filthy reeking piece of garbage..fuck you!" I was fuming mad. This cant go on like this.

I need to find the one who made this and put him behind bars before my friends will suffer the same fate.

"Oh Leonhart please calm the fuck down. You might get a heart attack then it's a win-win for me hahah"

I gripped my phone out of anger as Mikasa noticed I was talking to someone and stared at me.

"You must be very angry right now and want to kill me instantly huh?" The other line is still laughing nonstop like an evil on movies.

"Damn you!!" I didn't notice I was already crying. I want this person to suffer in the most painful way possible for doing this to him.