Chapter 14: Simple Life

Melannie's POV

As soon as I got ready I then went out of my room and went downstairs to help father. Mother died 2 years ago because of cancer. The last thing she said to me is to take care of them.

Now I am the only girl in our family. However, I don't remember anything in my childhood or any pictures when I was young in our house. But lately I've been frequently having dreams.

"Melannie, you dont have to do that. I can do it. If not, me the maids will." He laughed as I brought the plates on the table.

I put my hair down and combed it neatly as usual as wore my usual house clothes.

We have a lot of maids but dad still makes sure that he is the one to prepare breakfast for all of us. He says it's the most important thing so you must eat like there will be no tomorrow.

My little brother Falco on his uniform, a white polo and a maroon neckie and a navy blue coat and slacks a logo of their school like a royal logo at the left part of the coat, he was already munching on his food at the other side of the table.

Awe my cute little brother looked so formal, adorable.

"Dad? Where is Colt?" I asked as I thought it was unusual to not see him early in the morning when he is the earliest rooster of all.

"He went to our branch earlier. He said he's experimenting a product." Father smirked as he helped himself sit at the corner of the big table and I plopped down also on the other side.

Falco was eating nonstop on the bacon that he started choking. Well, what do you expect on 6 year old kids?

I reached to him and patted his back.

"Falco! Oh goodness take it easy okay? Here." I offered him water and he drink it. He finally calmed down.

"Thank you Annie!" Though I have heard him say that a lot, it still sound as if I've heard it somewhere.

"You call me big sister you naughty little boy" I jokingky pinched his nose and I went back to my chair as father just kept on observing us.

"Gabi said in order for a person to be strong he has to eat a lot" he hummed as we continued eating.

There he goes almost every minute talking about how amazing his crush Gabi is. He says she was the best girl in their class.

"Melannie, I have to visit the company today. You dont have classes?" Father asked I took a bite on my food.

Now I noticed that dad was in corporate attire. Indeed, he has to be heading somewhere important.

"Yes dad. And I already finished my audit reports. It was a hassle but actually worth it, I finally understood how to make them." I grinned at my dad as I ate my food.

"That's good. Of course all of you will work on our company soon so might as well study business." He said as he sliced the pork belly on his plate.

"Can you take Falco to the school today? I'm afraid Colt is busy on the branch darling is that okay with you?" He drank his tea and looked so hopeful.

Of course why would I refuse? In fact, me and Falco always go along well than Colt anyway. He was way too serious sometimes I tend to laugh at him.

"Yeyy! I will introduce you to Gabi later. She is pretty." I laughed at how he described her. Boys.

"You better. Now finish your food so we can pack your things."

I dressed up in lose cream colored slacks and white flat shoes. A white crop top with only a slight skin reveal and a cream coat to compliment the slacks. I brought the my black Chanel and went out of my room.