Chapter 28: Her

Armin's POV

I drove silently in high speed not minding everything around me.

I can't believe this is all happening to me. I thought this only happens on movies. I was dead wrong.

I parked my car inside adn hurriedly went at the main door.

"Armin.." My brother pulled me into a hug.

"I knew it. It just doesn't make any sense. Why Grice?" My dad started questioning.

"You did a great job brother. We wouldn't be able to find the truth if you didn't do it. It was the right thing to do." Erwin patted my back.

I stayed silent still as I placed the DNA results on the coffee table.

"Son..there's no doubt. She is Annie. She is your lost girlfriend." My mom gasped as she scanned the papers. She covered her mouth trying to hide her expressions.

"Armin!" I heard the familiar voice called and I looked at Eren's direction.

He hugged me tight and patted my back.

"It's okay man. Let it out." As soon as I heard those I cried in so much pain and agony that my voice echoed the whole house.

My friends started circling me and said reassuring words to sooth the pain I felt. Why doe I have to experience all of this pain? Why me? Why her?

"It was a good thing that you went to that island because you found out the truth." Connie said.

"Armin.. don't cry again like that it makes me want to cry more." I noticed how Sasha stopped eating as her belly showed a small bump.

"I wish Mikasa is with us." Everyone is here except her.

"I really messed up big time. I'm really sorry guys." Eren caressed his long hair and exhaled sharply.

"Eren. We know it's hard for you too. Just dont push her away next time." Jean said.

We settled on the sofa as the maids prepared some food.

"Jean. I know you like Mikasa but do you really like want to marry her? If not back off!" Eren remarked as he stared at Jean.

"I like her yes it's true but she's not the only one. You know I am not ready for commitments since I am the most handsome member of the group here." He then strikes a pose like he was some Greek God.

"Hey that's my line!" Connie blurted trying to hit Jean.

"Ow! Connie! I will not allow you to come to the bar tonight." Jean joked that made Connie behaved.

They all laughed a little. I smiled.

"How are you feeling now Armin?" Historia asked.

"I am fine. I'm just really a little bit lost." I said.

"Tell us about her. What was the island look like and how did you met her?" Ymir started.

I told them everything especially the most embarassing encounter I had with her when I first saw her at the mall. I was so stupid for recalling that particular scene because they were laughing at me.

But I was right all along. My theory was right. I just have to wait for the result I trusted Ymir which will come by tomorrow.

"And she said to me that she likes me." I said and they all went shocked.

"Yeah, she confessed after the dinner last night but I didn't answered her directly. I don't want to give her false hopes. I promised to stay faithful to Annie yet if they aren't the same person then it's over for me. I will not be a man of my words." I explained.