Chapter 16: Gone

Armin's POV

I woke up with the lights illuminating in an all white room. I know where I am. I am in an hospital. I dont know for how long. I have heard a lot of conversations while I was not awake yet.

I was not able to move my body but just my fingers. I glanced at the surroundings.

"He is awake! Guys!" Eren shouted in joy as he went to me and sat beside me.

"A-Arminn.." I saw my mom crying instantly as he went to touch my hand.

"You really got us all worried, Armin." My brother Erwin wiped the tear that escaped his eyes.

"Son, good to have you back." My dad smiled as he reached me.

"Arminnn..we thought we'd lost you. You scared all of us." Mikasa cried as Historia and Sasha clung to her.

I looked at everyone but the person I want to see is not here.

"Where is Annie?" I asked wondering why she is not here with them.

They stopped and looked at each other. They didn't say anything and some looked away.

"Where is she?" I asked once again.

"Darling she just went somewhere but she will be back." My mom said as he brushed my hair.

I saw Historia's tears fell nonstop as I looked at everyone innocently not knowing what to do next.

All I want is to see here.

But she is not here.

"Why are you crying? I am okay now" I looked at Historia. She hid at the back of Ymir and hugged her.

"We're just crying because you are finally awake Armin." Jean smiled at me but his tears betrayed him.

"I am alright. You guys dont have to worry." I smiled.

"I want to see Annie." I continued saying as sleep slowly got into me.

"We will tell her." Sasha said in a quiet tone.

They are acting strange I cant point it out.

Weeks passed. I felt a better and healing. Not a single day did I not waited for Annie to come and pay me a visit. I continued asking all of them about her whereabouts. They all told me different things which started to make me realize that all of those are just excuses.

On the last day of the month, I felt silent. I am fully recovered. I can finally go outside again. But never did I see the familiar blonde girl in a bun wearing her big glasses and hoodie.

I felt like shit. I feel like I didn't even healed.

"How long are you going to say all the  beautiful things to me you liars?"

It startled all of them as I broke the silence.

"How long are you all going to act?"

"Arminn.." Mikasa was about to say something but I cut her out.

"No, you shut up! I am not a mindless fool. I know you are all lying to me!" I clenched my fists into balls and gritted my teeth in anger.

"Armin..we did this because we thought it was best for you not to know" Eren added.

"The best for me? Really?!" I hissed.

I stood up and was about to go outside of the room but my family stopped me.

"Son, tomorrow is your discharge day please calm down." My father stopped me as I was about to hold the door knob and get out.

"Please son, we are only looking after your health.. We never wanted to lie to you but what choice do we have?.." My mom cried as he was pulled into a hug by my brother.