Chapter 55: Birthday?

Annie's POV:

I woke up and saw the familiar ceiling. Armin has put me in the couch as he was on his laptop. He must be working on something as he looked to serious looking at it.

"Hi. You're awake." He says as he went closer to me and kissed my head.

"I feel better now." I said as I clung to his hands and he laughed.

"You wanna need my help to stand up?" He asks and I nodded.

He helped stand up and I tiredly hugged him. He was just cooing at my reaction as he caresses my hair while kissing it.

I heard the door suddenly swung open as the familiar short blond haired girl came in with some papers. Oh her again, the colleague?

"Am I disturbing?" She asks while laughung but I don't like how it sounded like. It was close to mockery.

"Not really. My fiancé is just tired." Armin patted my back as he looked at her direction. I didn't even bother looking at where the girl is.

Do I look like I care about people today except Armin Arlert?

"So what brings you here Yelena?" Armin made me sit on his chair as he stood up to receive the papers.

"These papers are needed to be signed to prove to the investment is authentic." She says.

I was just watching the two the whole time while lowkey closing my eyes a little. My baby better not make me sleep on this part.

I noticed how the girl was extra cheerful when Armin talks to him at first and she will respond promptly as if a bot.

I furrowed my eyebrows as she started talking about what happened to their lunch.

"Mr. Arlert. Our batch is planning to have a trip somewhere. They would really be happy to see you join us. The faculty would be very happy to have you." She cheerfully remarked in the hopes of receiving a yes.

I raised my eyebrows and waited for Armin's answer. I waited for like minutes before he responded with..

"I will check and study the papers first. I need more time. I will have it by tomorrow then." He says and went back to where I am.

I sighed. There he proves it. My man really is making me speechless everytime.

"And how about the one I asked you yesterday and today Mr. Arlert? You know the university appreciates you so much for all the aid you gave." She smiles.

"I will decline. As you can see I am a busy person and I want to take care of my soon to be wife and our child." He says directly making my heart leap in joy.

I noticed how Yelena's face turned the entire opposite.

He chose us. His new family.

That's when I prove it. He really is saying the truth.

I love you so much Armin Arlert. Yes, I will marry you and be your wife.

I looked at him and adored him so much. I love honest men, especially if it is you.

"Armin it's okay. You can spend time with your colleagues too." I tried to flash a fake smile. I have to play along too to see where this is going.

"No. I refuse. I don't want to be far from you and this is my decision." He remarked as he flashed a smile at me and I swear it was the most breathtaking ever.

"Okay. Fine." I saw how Yelena's emotions dropped and I almost laughed.

What now bitch? Are you going to steal my man again? Try harder.