Chapter 6: Date

Annie's POV

"So where exactly are you taking me today?" I asked as the long drive is filled with silence and just casual questions.

We passed through a lonely road in the middle of big century trees and I have to say that it kind of looked magical maybe not until 7 pm at night and you are the only person driving and passing by in this place. That would be so scary. Imagine seeing a girl with her hair down wearing a white dress. That would be a nightmare!!

"Just a little further hahaha. Annie, I never imagined you could be this impatient." Armin gave me a smile while his eyes are fixed on the road.

I laughed.

"Okay, mister! Up to you. Just thought this place look like in a horror movie or something." I laughed again but I know I wasn't able to hide the little doubt and fear creeping in my head. I definitely grew up with trust issues.

"We'll get there soon okay? I guarantee you this place takes all the pain away." He said this while he reached my hand resting at the side of the seat.

I felt electricity flowing from his touch. There's this butterflies again.

I cleared my throat slightly taken aback with that sudden reaction. I removed my hand in his grasp and placed it on my bag instead. Now I look really scared. He will definitely get the wrong idea. I looked away slighly blushing. Damn, my face is heating up!

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" Armin asked looking worried at me at the corner of my eyes.

"No, Armin. I'm sorry. I'm just surprised." I stared outside as the car is moving fast beside the wide and beautiful see in broad daylight.

This isn't scary anymore but beautiful. Maybe I should just trust him a little more? I thought to myself.

I looked back at him only to find him already staring right at me. I swear he looked so good. If only my eyes have cameras, I could take this moment with me forever. Damn, there's this tiny insects again.

"Trust me, Annie. This is worth the wait." He smiled as he took a left turn and I noticed the place is getting higher and higher.

I could see the deep blue sea and the white sand from up here. The century trees where we passed can also be seen from up here and it really is a long ride.

It is already sunset and the view even if we were still climbing at where the road stops is already beautiful. Imagine the view at the top.

Before I knew it, Armin already pulled over and the car engine had stopped. We are here.

My mouth hanged open when I saw the view in front of me.

"We've arrived, Annie!" He said excitedly as if a young boy got his favorite toy in Christmas. He got out from his seat and opened the door for me.

I can't help but place a gentle smile on my lips. This guy got me tired from a long travel but yeah it was definitely worth it. This look like it's heaven.

"See what I told you?" He laughed while winking at me. I laughed once again. Really Armin this is what a date with you looks like? This is beautiful. My heart is full.

Of course I never said that. I dont want to dig my own grave if I confess to him that I like him. No, I already love him and I don't know what to do.

"Armin this place is so beautiful. Thank you." I didn't know what got into me but my own body involuntarily moved on its own and hugged him tight like there's no tomorrow. A friendly hug won't hurt right?

I felt him tense a bit but relaxed eventually. He hugged me back. And then the butterflies feasted again!

And that's when I remembered my dignity!! Since when did I throw it? Really Annie Leonhart? I badly want to punch nyself. I pulled back from the hug and hid my face on my hands.