Chapter 34: Jealous

Annie's POV

"Ma'am this will be your new office. You won't be accepting tasks from accounting department anymore Ma'am." Petra ushered me to a huge office with two wide desks next to each other.

"Thank you Petra." I scanned the whole room touching the table to feel it's surface.

It was nice. I never thought they would decorate a room this fast.

"Mr. Arlert will arrive in a few minutes Ma'am. Excuse me." She then closed the door and I was there alone.

This the top floor office. You could see the rivaling tall buildings all the way from here. I sighed as I looked outside the window.

The world is too big to focus in small matters. You must learn how to let go of what's unnecessary. I am afraid of failure.

I was too focused on my thoughts when I heard the door clicked. I turned back to see him walk slowly towards me.

"You're early." He said as he took small steps towards his desk.

My heart started beating erratically as he sat on his swivel chair and turning towards me. I was glued to where I was. I didn't know what to say. I could feel his intense stare at me.

I met his eyes and it felt like forever.

"I-I.." I was about to say something to him when Petra came with a girl wearing a very short skirt almost revealing everything in what she was wearing standing beside her.

"I'm so sorry to step inside Mr. Arlert but this girl right here wants your help." She said.

"Uhm hi. Good morning Mr. Arlert." She greeted at first. I could feel my eyebrows raising at what she was wearing.

"Good morning have a seat." Motioned Armin as she helped herself. Petra have already left a few seconds ago.

I went to my seat and ignored the bitch in front of him.

"What can I help you miss?" The thought of him helping her irritates me. Why does she need help anyway didn't she have anything to run to and go here? Seriously?

"Uhm. Actually. I was Mrs. Arlert's client before but now my problem isn't about legal transactions anymore but about business so she referred your brother but I couldn't reach your brother so I went here." She really made her voice sound so girly like she sounded like a goat in the fields.

She even brushed her hair and put it behind her ear.

I was so annoyed I started reading books on the desk. Might as well make myself busy that effing hear about the drama and nonsense flirty talks.

"I dont think I can help you with that. I am a busy person and I have load of work. But I can refer you to a good lawyer." He says but I still acted uninterested.

This talk is a hell for me. Why am I even here??

"Please Mr. Arlert.. I beg you. Please I have known that you are really good in business and you are the only one who can help me." She pleaded almost sounding like crying. Nice drama bitch.

I looked at the corner of my eyes and saw the girl holding his hands. I raised an eyebrow as I went back to what I was reading. What part am I again?

"You're wrong Miss. My friend is also a good entrepreneur and he can help you with that. I really dont have the capacity on this." He sighs but the latter kept on begging him.

Why is she pushing all of this? She could have gone to lawyers abroad if they can't handle it here. But talking to a CEO just to ask for help? Just who are you?!