Chapter 1

Calina's pov

Suffocating.

I was drowning, surrounded by the ocean. Holding my breath, I looked up, seeing the moon shine into the water.

The light of the moon was bright enough to make me see the marine animals in the water. However, I couldn't hold my breath any longer.

Therefore, I swam towards the surface. But every time I almost reached the surface I was pulled down again.

Frowning, I turned around in the water and let out a scream, wasting all my oxygen, as I saw his dead body in the water, his dark eyes open, glaring me.

Closing my eyes in order to look at his carcass, I thought I was dying next to him due to the lack of oxygen in my lungs.

But the time I opened my eyes again, I realized it was a nightmare.

Again.

One of many I had.

Back in reality, I shoved my daughter's ass off my face as she slept crazy, moving in her sleep, even kicking me sometimes.

Probably, I thought I was drowning in my nightmare as her little ass was literally suffocating me in reality. My chest was still heavy up and down from seeing him in my sleep. I was shaking.

Fortunately, she still slept, as I really needed a moment for myself. I didn't want my daughter see me like that, broken.

Sitting up, I closed my eyes, telling myself that I didn't have to be scared anymore, that everything ended on the cliff, like it started. That it was over.

I tried to think about my daughter and beautiful memories I gathered with her to calm myself down, which worked, as always.

As I calmed down, I looked at her, yawning. I was exhausted from my night shift in the hospital yesterday, but seeing her or being around her can boost my energy very high, she was the joy of my life.

Smiling, I hugged her, forgetting all my worries as I did so. "Good morning!" I muttered, still smiling, pulling her closer, kissing her cheeks.

As she slowly woke up, she giggled, melting my heart with her angelic voice. I loved seeing my baby laugh. Her giggles made my smile bigger.

"Who will turn three today?" I asked her sweetly. "Hmm," she hummed pensively, before clapping her hands, giggling, "Mommy!" I laughed.

"No, not mama but mama's princess," I said to her, sitting up and pulling her onto my lap. Now that I was straightening up in bed, I noticed that her cheeks were a little red.

"Do you have a fever?" I mumbled with a frown, kissing her forehead. My lips felt hot against her forehead.

"Alright, I think you need a shower to cool off," I muttered, "and if you're not getting better, we'll go to the hospital."

"No," she said, pouting. I didn't like the idea of spending her birthday in the hospital either, but we wouldn't have a choice if her fever didn't go down.

"Let's have a shower then," I said with a smile, getting up from bed, carrying her into the bathroom. As we entered the bathroom, I put her down before taking her clothes off and putting her into the shower.

After setting the water temperature I hang the shower head on the hook before applying some shower gel to her body. Then, I applied shampoo on her head and began to gently scrub her head.

"Mom, are you going to work today? It's my birthday?" she asked, looking at me with hope, hope that I wouldn't work today.

"No, I'm staying with you today! All day! I don't want to miss my baby's birthday," I smiled, kissing her cheek, which made her smile, her eyes sparkled with happiness.