Chapter 13

Previous chapter:
Even if I hated the idea of going back to him, but I felt like I had no other choice.

Calina's pov

After almost four hours of driving, I stopped the car in front of a hotel. I had quite a long and tiring drive but I was happy I could drive for four hours without doing a long break. The sooner I got away from danger, the better.

That was why I went to another city. And the hotel I chose was also isolated from this city with no neighborhood nearby.

While driving, I made a quick stop near the forest at a rest area where I didn't see any cameras and changed my license plate, not wanting anyone to track me.

Bob had gotten me this license plate from the junkyard, saying we should always be prepared for the worst. And worst was defined in my case as Raphael.

The irony that I decided to go back to the person, who had destroyed me and hurt me in the worst possible way, made me snort .

I didn't know if he was alive, but the media would report his death if he was dead, I guess. I assumed he was alive.

A desperate part of me hoped he was still breathing, as he or his brother were the only people I could take shelter from, considering that my brothers wanted me dead after I left the family and betrayed them by running away with Adrian.

Though, I would do anything for my daughter. I would even get on my knees and ask him to protect her.

My stupid mistake has put my daughter in danger, and I couldn't bear to lose my daughter to the stupid mistake I made. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her because of me.

Turning around, I looked at her, seeing her still sleeping in the backseat. I smiled before getting out of the car and picking her up from the backseat.

Then, I headed to the hotel before I entered it and went to the front desk while my gaze wandered around the lobby. It looked nice inside.

"Hello, I wanted to book a room with a double bed for my daughter and me," I said with a smile.

"Of course, I can see your ID?" she asked me. Nodding l my head, I took my ID that said Evelina Turgenev.

Looking over my shoulder, I looked back, reflecting my past, debating if I really wanted to go back.

"Mam?" The receptionist brought me back from my thoughts.

Turning back, I handed her the ID where I was Evelina Turgenev as I needed his help, because I knew that I couldn't get myself out of the chaos without his help.

"How long do you want to stay?" she asked me. "A week, and I want to pay for a week," I told her.

It would take me a week to sort out Zia's disappearance at the hospital before I could legally get her on the plane and fly with her back to the UK.

"Well that's five hundred and fifty dollars. Would you like to pay in cash or by card?" she asked me.

"In cash," I said, handing her the money. I had also withdrawn money from my bank account up to my limit at a cash machine before changing my license plate. I couldn't risk being tracked down by my card by the men who were surely coming after me for killing their boss.

"Thanks," I muttered as she handed me the keys. "You're welcome, your room is on the second floor," she said with a smile.

Nodding my head, I turned to go to my room. I was really exhausted and my arms went numb from carrying Zia.

As I got to our room, I opened the door and went inside. Thank goodness the place looked clean. I couldn't risk my baby getting an infection after the operation.