Chapter 39

Previous chapter:
"Can I even be fixed?" I asked him as I looked in his eyes. He smiled at me before saying, "Absolutely."

Calina's pov

I went down the hall to Lucy's room. I could already hear my baby crying from the hall, screaming that she wanted me.

Sighing, I entered Lucy's room, seeing her trashing in the nanny's embrace who was trying to calm her down.

Approaching them, I dropped on my knees, looking at her sadly. "Zia," I said, which made her look at me before running from the nanny to me.

"Mommy," she sobbed as she hugged me. Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her closer. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry you had to see this," I whispered, stroking her head.

"Why did daddy hurt you?" she asked me, making me sigh, as I didn't know how to explain her the incident that she unfortunately saw. "Was he mad at me again? Mommy?"

"No, no, nothing is your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. Okay?" I told her, nodding my head and pulling back to look her in the eyes.

She looked at me for a while before nodding her head too and asking confused, "Then, why was Daddy angry? Why did Daddy hurt you?"

I bit my lip, not knowing how to explain the situation to her. I mean, how could you explain to a three-year-old that her father a sadistic fuck. I really hated him, but I didn't want to ruin the perfect picture she had of him in mind.

Though, the image she had of him might've been already ruined after what she had just witnessed. Though, he had no reason to be mad at me for sleeping with another men.

I wasn't his wife. I never accepted being his wife. I was forced to be his wife as I only married him because a child's future was on the line.

And he knew it too, but his sick mind never accepted the truth. He never understood that love could not be forced or taken, unless it was voluntarily given. And the more he tried to force me into loving him, the more I hated him.

"I'll tell you when you're a little older," I told her, kissing her cheek, "but I promise you, you will never have to experience anything like this again."

I looked from Zia to Lucy, who was standing next to the nanny, looking shocked and sad, like Zia. And the moment I opened my arms for her too, she didn't hesitate and rushed into my arms.

"I promise you both, I love you," I muttered, hugging them. "I love you, mommy," Zia mumbled. "I love you too," Lucy claimed and snuggled closer to me.

"That's so sad and touching, I think I'll cry," I heard Draven's dramatic voice near us, acting like he was crying.

"Daddy!" Lucy chirped, running from me to her father. "Honey!" he smiled at her, taking her in his arms before looking at Mary, telling her, "You can leave." She nodded her head before leaving the room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a frown. He told me he had to make a few calls in his office and I should take care of Zia, who got hysterical after the nanny took her away.

"I just came to get my daughter," he said, looking down at me as I was sitting on the ground with Zia in my arms.

"She could stay with me," I told him, looking up at him, "I'm alright, I can take care of her if you have work, really, and I don't mind at all."

"I know you are alright," he told me before looking at Zia, "but your Gremlin, I mean, Zia was a little agitated and could need a little mother-daughter time."

I looked down at Zia, who was still hugging me for dear life, afraid I would disappear as soon as she let go of me. Sighing, I nodded my head, agreeing with him.