Chapter 16

Previous chapter:
So, it was time to meet him again, huh?

Calina's pov

"Mom? When are we going to stop to buy my chocolate?" Zia asked me, snuggling closer to me, looking intimidated by the four men in the van.

"Chocolate," I mumbled, reminding out little game. "Yeah, I won, remember? You said I could have everything I want when I won, and I want a chocolate," she muttered, looking up at him.

"Right," I sighed, almost forgotten our little game we played his men came to my rescue. Kissing her head, I looked at the man in front of me, asking, "Can we stop at a gas station?"

Frowning, he asked me back, "May I ask why?"

"I want to buy her chocolate," I said seriously. "I suggest we don't stop anywhere unless it's something really important," he said, making me huff.

"It's important! I promised my daughter chocolate, so we'll buy it!" I said firmly, making him look a little surprised at my little outburst.

I just couldn't help but get angry, I wanted to keep my promises I gave her, as trust came with the promises and words you gave, and I wanted her not to loose her trust in me, or think I was a liar.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Morelli, but like I said, I suggest not stopping the car unless it's something serious," he said, not agreeing to stop the car at a gas station.

I looked at him annoyed. Asshole. As if he was going to die if he stopped the car at a gas station.

Sighing, I looked at Zia apologetically. "I'm sorry mama. We can't buy your chocolate now. But I promise I'll buy you chocolate later," I said, and she pouted sadly.

"And when, mom? Tomorrow?" Zia asked me, obviously wanting some chocolate. "I hope we can buy it tomorrow," I sighed with a nod, kissing her head and hugging her.

"Okay," she muttered with a sad expression, making me look at the man in front of me upset for making my baby sad. But he just shrugged his shoulders, not caring that he made a child sad, and looked out the window.

The rest of the drive was quiet between us until the car stopped in front of a villa. He got out of the car before turning to face me. "We have arrived," he said and waited for us to get out of the car.

Picking Zia up, I got out, before walking to the front door. While I was taking my surroundings in, I noticed that the place was guarded by many men. There were no other villas in the near. It seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere.

The location did not surprise me at all, however. I didn't expect that he would take us to a place with people where the chances were high if meeting someone who was befriend with a mob boss who I had strangled with a belt.

Though, men like him generally preferred quiet places. Why? They didn't want their victims' screams to be heard. They wanted to do their dirty business far away in order not to get caught.

"I-Is he here?" I asked, feeling anxious, not really ready to meet him. "No, but he's already on his way," the man said as he opened the door and we entered the villa. While walking in, I looked around, not that I could feature much in the darkness.

"Let me show you your room, you can rest and freshen up until capo arrives," he said, gesturing me up the stairs.

"Alright," I agreed with a nod, following him up the stairs before we entered a bedroom.

"Make yourself at home and call me if you need anything, I'll be downstairs," he told me. I made a bitter face at his words, at the words 'home', I would never feel like at home, not with him around.