Chapter 18

Previous chapter:
"I have cancer."

Calina's pov

Taking a few steps away from me, he looked at me with a frown, muttering, "You are fucking with me."

Looking at him, I shook my head with a huff. The frown on his face deepened, looking at me shocked now.

Either he was a really good actor or he didn't know anything about my illness. Considering the way he reacted, I thought that it was rather the latter one.

And, I guess, he really didn't read the files he got on me, thinking it'd be more fun questioning me than reading a boring file.

"You really haven't read that file you got on me, did you?" I asked him, even if I already got my answer by the way he has taken the news.

"I didn't, but don't forget that I'm asking here the questions, piccola," he told me seriously.

"We're still not done with the question answer thing?" I asked exhausted, ready to walk past him and finally retire to my room. "Go read the file, I'm in no mood to play with you this question game anymore, or whatever this is ..."

Before I walked past him, he grabbed my arm, stopping me, making me look at him. "We are done when I'm saying that we're done. So, sit your ass back and answer my goddamn questions!" he demanded me.

"What do you still want to know?" I asked him, sitting down, having no energy to fight him off. "Why did you borrow the money from Cortez?" he asked me, making me snort. "To go on vacation," I muttered, and his jaw ticked.

"I've no time for your damn—"

"And I don't want to see your face but we don't get in life always what we want, right?" I asked him with a sweet smile.

"You're really play—"

"I borrowed money from this bastard because Zia had an atrial septal defect and needed surgery!" I cut him off.

"What the Hell is that?" he asked me, making get up from my seat as I got angry, angry at him as he was acting to blame for everything.

"My baby had a hole in her heart! Because of you!" I pushed him madly with both hands, resulting in him stumble back a few steps. "Every shit that's happening to me is your fault!"

"How the hell is it my fault? You," he hissed, pointing his finger at me, "are the one who had some nuts and went to a gangster to borrow money from him! You killed him, and I didn't tell you to do so! And it's clearly not my fault if your spoiled ass didn't save cash for bad times like these instead of spending every penny you got from work on some shit!"

"You cannot blame me for who I am!" I hissed, pointing a finger at him now, "You made me the way I am! You fucked me up!"

"No, love, you only found your true self," he told me with a dark smile, before shrugging, "and it's not my fault if the Ivanov in you is a fucked up."

"I'm not like them," I gulped, shaking my head in disagreement. "You're right," he claimed with a frown, "you're stupid compared to them, because you couldn't save some money with that job of yours."

"If making my daughter happy, spoiling her, giving her what she desired is stupidity, then, okay! Then, I'm stupid!" I agreed. "You're stupid for raising a spoiled brat," he huffed.

Shaking my head, I disagreed, "I raised a child who is grateful for everything she got. She never really has thrown a tantrum because she wanted something except for one thing. And I couldn't blame her for wanting it so badly. Do you what it was she wanted?"