Chapter 31

Previous chapter:
Besides, no one would break a deal with me without facing my grudges.

THE NEXT MORNING

Calina's pov

****

My baby,

If you read this diary, it means I left this world. But I want you to know that I fought with my body and soul not to leave you. I love you, my baby, and knowing that my time in this world is limited, I wanted to leave you something before I die.

I want to leave you my strength, my stubbornness and my determination. The three things I wanted to teach you so that you can survive in this goddamn world, but unfortunately, I can't.

I'm dying. And I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from him. I'm so sorry to have to bring you back to him, but I had no other choice, baby.

I made a mistake, a big mistake, and upset some dangerous men. Not only were they after me, they were after you too. I knew they would hurt you to avenge the death of their boss.

And I couldn't let that happen. And I saw the only solution to protect you from getting hurt by taking shelter from your father.

By the time you're reading this you should really be grown up. I'm sorry I can't be with you, but you should know, whether I end up in Hell or Heaven, I'll watch you, my baby.

And I'm sure you can take care of yourself too, because you are my daughter.

I wish you never met your father, but sadly you did, and you probably hate me by now for bringing you back to him. No matter if you hate me or love me, my love for you will never change, I love you my baby.

I am writing this diary not only to let you know that I love you, but also to tell you not to trust your father. Trust no one.

In time you will realize that your father is a cruel man. But don't say no to him baby, I want you to listen to him and say yes to everything he tells you.

I want you to smile in his face and stab him in the back. Act, my baby, you can only survive if you act obediently.

Then, when you feel like the moment is right, run away. Find your uncle.

You know his name.

I love you,

Calina.

****

I found an empty blog, deciding to use it as a diary, wanting her to know that her mommy wants her to stay strong, no matter what happens.

I closed the diary as my tears fell on the first page I had written. I put the diary in the bedside table drawer with my pen.

Then, I wiped my tears away before stroking Zia's and Lucy's face to wake them up. "Wakey, wakey, sleepy heads," I said, and saw them both smile.

"A little bit more, mom," said Zia, snuggling closer. "Yes," Lucy agreed with her, doing the same.

"If you don't wake up, I'll turn into the tickle monster!" I threatened them, which only made them giggle. "Alright, I warned you!"

I attacked them both, tickling and kissing them. "Stop it, mom," Zia giggled, screeching.

"It tickles," Lucy laughed as I kissed and tickled her. "Of course, it tickles! I am the tickle monster! You awakened the tickling monster by not waking up! Now you have to get tickled!" I said in a deep voice.