Chapter 7

Previous chapter:
Now, I only needed to find one of those bloodsuckers, and I also knew in which hole I had to look to find one.

Calina's pov

Tired.

That was how my body felt, but with time, I got used to all the shifts and hard for work I was doing for my baby and I, to have a good life.

And I'd keep going as I didn't want to disappoint my baby, or the people around me. I wanted to show them that I could fix my problems myself, and be independent.

Sighing tiredly as it was a long and exhausting night, I changed my clothes in the locker room. It was three in the morning now and I started my shift at ten in the morning yesterday.

Officially, I worked seventeen hours after willingly taking Emma's shift, but the day, or the night, wasn't over for me yet.

As much as I wanted to go home and take a long nap, I had to collect my baby's surgery money as I had an appointment with Mr. Wright this afternoon where I would sign the consent form he'd prepared for my baby's surgery.

And after that I immeasurable wanted to pay the money for my baby's surgery, like I had agreed to do when we scheduled her operation.

When I got changed, I left the locker room, heading off the hospital. Then, I went to my car and drove home as I needed to change again.

My clothes were not suitable for the place I wanted to go to collect my baby's surgery money.

*****

As I finally got home, I parked my car in front of my house before getting out of the car and heading home.

When I walked into my house, I didn't turn on the lights. I knew that Zia sometimes woke up at night when she slept at their place because she missed her bed, our bed. If she was awake and I opened the light, she would jump off her bed there and run home.

Therefore, I went to my bedroom in the dark. When I entered my bedroom, I went to my closet and grabbed a tight black dress, knowing the hotter I looked the less I had worry about waiting to enter the place I wanted to visit.

After wearing the dress, I put on my long over-knee boots. Then, I wore my leather jacket before putting on a little makeup. I didn't have to cover the purple bruises on my legs and upper body with makeup because my clothes were already covering my bruises.

I left my long hair open. My hair was naturally straight and looked good, so I didn't mind styling it.

After taking one last look at my reflection in the mirror, I left home and headed back to my car. I lived for almost three years in the US now, and I knew which places to visit at night, and which ones not.

But tonight I wanted to visit the places I'd usually avoid. So, I drove to the residential area where there were a lot of clubs.

As I arrived, I parked the car and headed to a club which was looking fancy and offered many services, from strippers to poker games, probably also drugs, just not over the counter from a bartender, but from under the table from a drug dealer.

Looking confident, I walked past the queue until I was right in front of the bodyguard at the front door.

"Hello," I said with a charming smile, moving closer to him before leaning closer to his ear, resulting in him looking at me with a frown.

"If you don't keep me waiting and let me in, I'll wait for you until your shift ends for some fun." I tried my chance. I didn't want to wait the long queue until it was my turn to get in, that was also why I dressed up, to prevent the queue by flirting with the guard.