Chapter 4

Previous chapter:
"There is nothing to thank for, that's why family is here for."

Calina's pov

We stayed like this for a while, my head resting on Bob's arm, thinking about my life, trying to calm down, digesting all the shitty news, though, I still couldn't fully realize everything, as it was too much, but I wasn't as shaken as I got to know about our illnesses, and knew what I wanted to do.

I wanted to schedule and talk about Zia's surgery. Her condition scared me, and I wanted to fix my baby's health as soon as possible.

Sighing, I pulled back a little, looking at Bob. "Do you feel better?" he asked me, looking at me with worry. "As much as possible ..." I huffed with a small chuckle.

"Sorry, that was a stupid question," he muttered. "There is nothing you have to apologize for," I sighed, licking my lips, nodding my head, saying, "I made up my mind, I want Zia to be treated first."

"Alright," he said, nodding his head, "if that's what you want, so be it." Frowning surprised, I asked, "You're not going to try to convince me otherwise?"

"No," he claimed, shaking his head, "I can't, because I'd to the same, I'd want my child to be treated first too if we were both sick."

"Thank you for understanding me and being here for me," I whispered with a small smile. "You're my sister, Lina, I'll always be here for you," he told me, rubbing my arm brotherly.

"Alright, don't make me cry!" he said, getting up from bed. "I don't want to look like a cry baby."

"You don't." I smiled. He was the strongest and smartest man I've ever known, a perfect husband for Emma, and a protective brother for me, he was our both, Emma's and my safe harbor.

And he was the only person, besides Emma, I trusted in this world. "Good," he smirked arrogantly, "after all, I've a reputation to uphold."

"What reputation, Bob Butts?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"Hey! My last name isn't Butts anymore! It changed after I married Emma ..." They married after Emma gave birth to Boris, and Bob took her last name as she didn't want her baby boy's last name to be Butts, which was quite understandable.

"Sorry, I just can't get over it," I grinned.

"Okay! Enough!"

"I've enough of this hospital too," I sighed, "I want to get out of here." Even if I was a to be doctor, working here, and staying as a patient were two different things, and I didn't want to lie here like a sick person, it would only get me more sick than I already was.

"Alright, I'll do your check out, you obviously feel better, considering how you're mobbing me!" he said, playing offended, leaving the room. "And pack your pajamas Hooker! Emma had brought you some spare clothes! They are in the cabinet!" He almost yelled from the hall.

After he left, I sat on the bed for a while before getting up and walking to the cabinet in the room. Taking off the hospital gown, I took the clothes from the cabinet and wore them. Then, I took the black bagpack and put the rest of the clothes inside as Emma brought quite a lot, probably thinking I'd stay longer.

After I was done, I walked to Mr. Wrights office to tell him my final decision. As I was standing in front of his office, I knocked on his door, twice, before patiently waited for him to call me in.

When he called me, I opened the door and went inside. "Do you have a minute for me?" I asked him with a small smile.

Looking up from his papers, he seemed surprised to see me. Then, he smiled, gesturing me to take place at one of the chairs before him, saying, "Candice? Come in! Have a seat!"