Chapter 33

Previous chapter:
So, let's try and find it out!

Draven's pov

"Thank you for your time, Sara," I told her as she finished taking the blood samples and we walked down the hall to go down the stairs to the front door.

"No problem, I didn't have many appointments today anyway, and I really want this poor woman to get better," she sighed.

"She'll," I told before something bumped in me, or more like someone. Frowning, I looked down, seeing Calina's Gremlin.

"Sorry," she muttered as she looked up before walking past me and starting to hurry down the hall. However, I was able to grab the hem of her shirt before she could run away and pull her back with ease.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked her, crouching on her level. "To my mommy," she said, trying to escape me, but I didn't let go of her shirt.

"Your mommy needs to rest and is sleeping right now, and she's really exhausted, it's good if we don't disturb her now," Sara said before I could say anything.

"You heard the lady, you can't see your mommy now," I said. Frowning, she pouted sadly before saying, "I want my mommy!"

"Your mommy needs to rest, I think you can survive a little more without your mommy?" I asked her, cocking my head.

She looked at me for a while before shaking her head, "No." She protested with tears in her eyes.

"You know what?" I asked her. "What?" she asked back, sniffing.

"You know Spongebob?" I asked her and she nodded her head and I grinned. "Regarding to Spongebob, today is the opposite day, so no means yes."

Sometimes, watching some shit with Lucretia helped me to come up with smart answers for kids. I picked her up to bring her back to her nanny.

"Sara, please lead yourself out, I have to deal with a little demon," I said as I walked down the hall. "Alright, good luck and have a nice day," Sara said after me as Zia struggled in my arms.

"I WANT MY MOM!" she screeched and for a second I thought I was going to be deaf. "And I want some coke now, but you can't have everything in life the second you want it!" I told her before I put her down and crouched down on her level.

"Pwease! I want mommy! Mommy!" she cried, hiccupping. "Why do you want to see your mommy so desperately now?" I asked with a sigh.

"She always puts me in bed and cuddles me until I fall asleep," she mumbled, wishing her nose on the back of her hand. She was a snotty little thing.

"Here," I said, handing her a handkerchief from my pocket. She took it before blowing her nose in it. When she finished, she held out her snotty handkerchief to me. I looked at it with a frown and disgust. "Just keep it."

She dropped her hand, looking down sadly. "I've an idea," I said, and she looked up at me, "how about your nanny puts you and Lucy to bed and I come and read you a story. I'm really good story teller. Lucy loves it when I read her stories, you can ask her."

She looked at me hesitantly and I couldn't believe I was negotiating with a three year old. "I don't know," she said uncomfortably.

"Alright, I understand," I told her observantly, "your standards are a bit high, how about that, I'll read you a story and you'll get chocolate too." I offered her a better deal

"Chocolate?" she asked me and all the sadness was gone. I grinned. Now that I've found her weakness, she should be easier to convince.

"Two chocolate bars," I told her. "With nuts in it?" she asked me, licking her lips, almost drooling like a dog.