Chapter 23

Previous chapter:
... I hoped she was alright.

Calina's pov

Numb.

Freezing.

Trembling.

Tired.

That's how my body felt. I knew my body was running down, being in over exhaustion. But my mind told me to go on, and keep up with everything around me.

Sighing, I opened my heavy eyelids, trying to get up from the cold floor. I was literally freezing, and cursed myself for sleeping on cold ground. Groaning in pain, I lied down again, feeling too tired to move from my spot.

Pulling my knees up, I curled up in a ball, hiding my face in my knees, wondering why everything in my body felt numb except the throbbing pain in my head. My head hurt like a bitch, making me wonder next:

Will it ever stop? The torture? The pain? The unhappiness? The chaos?

"I guess not," I mumbled, answering the question in my head.

"Calina? How much longer will you stay there? It's dinner time and Zia woke up!" I heard Raphael's voice from the other side of the door, startling l startled me. I gasped. I passed out for hours?

"I ... I'll be out in five minutes!" I said back, gathering all my strength before sitting down.

I massaged my neck, feeling a crick there. Generally, passing out on the floor didn't end well. All my muscles ached.

"Are you alright?" he asked me next, hearing me whine as I tried to get up. "Y-Yes, why don't you take Zia downstairs, I'll join you in five minutes?" I suggested, hoping he'd agree without a fight.

I didn't want my daughter to see me in this state. I really needed to freshen up a bit before going downstairs. "Alright, but don't take too long," I heard him say, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, I'll be there in five minutes!" I agreed before finally getting off the floor by leaning against the sink.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself down a bit, I tried to control the pain and my body. Then, I walked to the shower.

I knew I was saying five minutes, but I guess it would take me a little longer as all my muscles were sore and I really needed to take a long hot shower for my body to relax and function again.

After undressing near the shower, I got in. And the hot water felt like Heaven as it cascaded down my body, making me feel less tense.

As I finished my shower, I felt more relaxed and my body didn't hurt as before.

Feeling better, I jumped out of the shower, grabbed a towel, and wrapped it around me. Then, I towel dried my hair.

As my hair was not soaking anymore and felt only damp, I threw the towel onto the cabinet and wore his clothes back.

Taking one last look at my reflection in the mirror in order to make sure I wasn't looking like a corpse anymore, I left the bathroom.

As I entered the bedroom I saw that he had already taken care of my request and picked our clothes and luggage up from the hotel.

And I was tempted to wear some fresh clothes, but I knew I pissed him off enough today and I didn't want to make him angrier by making him wait in the dining room longer, than I promised. Therefore, I decided to change my clothes after dinner.

Leaving the bedroom, I went downstairs, knowing where I had to go as I saw and walked past by the dining room and kitchen downstairs yesterday as his men brought us here.