Chapter 24

Previous chapter:
I'd find him, or her.

NEXT DAY

Calina's pov

"Mom!"

"Mom!"

"Mommy!"

"Mommy, I'm bored!" And I want to sleep!

One thing I learned about having a child was that it was a blessing, but also a sweet pain in the ass sometimes, like now.

Yawning, I slowly woke up, still feeling exhausted, wanting to sleep on, but as I saw her sitting on the bed and smiling at me, I couldn't help but smile back.

Sighing, I pulled her closer, hugging her little body, and kissing her all over, making her giggle. "Good Morning!"

"Morning mommy!" she chirped as I sat up and put her on my lap. Then, I noticed that she was frowning at me, making me frown back.

"What's up baby?" I asked her worriedly. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"No," she muttered, looking down at my body, "why do you have ouchies on you mommy? Do they hurt a lot?"

My eyes widened at her words and I looked down, seeing that all my bruises on my body were exposed from the tank top I've chosen to wear yesterday.

Last night I was very exhausted, not really paying attention to what I was wearing, and just grabbed the first comfortable clothes that I've seen in my luggage.

"No, baby, no," I said, caressing her head before giving her an assuring smile, "I'm fine. I just got allergic to something I ate yesterday."

I hoped she'd believe me and brush that sad look off her face, as I couldn't bear to see her sad.

"Are you sure mom? They don't hurt? I can kiss them if you want like you always do when I get ouchies?" she muttered before bending over and kissing one of the bruises on my chest before hugging me.

Gulping, I tried not to cry as she got me emotional. Wrapping my arms around her small body, I hugged her, and call me crazy but hugging a small human being was one of best feeling.

"I'm fine baby, really," I said, rubbing her back, "like I said, I just ate something that I didn't tolerate. I'll be better soon." She pulled back and asked me hesitantly, "Really?"

Smiling, I nodded my head. "Really."

I hated lying to her and telling her that I would get better when I was slowly dying in front of her in real. But the lie would hurt her less than the truth. "Okay," she said, seeming like believing me.

"Then, let's brush our teeth before going downstairs," I said, picking her up and carrying her into the bathroom, "we have to hurry up and have breakfast as we will be leaving soon."

"Where, mom?" she asked, looking at me curiously. "We're going to stay in your father's friend's house for a while," I said, making her sit on the counter next to the sink, "I heard he has a daughter."

I knew he had a daughter, another innocent little soul I felt sorry for, as Adrian searched and investigated the areas in order to find out which ones were corrupted by some shadowed men and which not, before we've escaped to the US.

"Really? I'll have someone to play with? And she's a girl like me and not Boris?" she asked excitedly as I put toothpaste on her brush before handing it to her.

"Yes, yes and yes," I said kissing her head before putting toothpaste on my brush and starting to brush my teeth.

When we were done, I filled two glasses with water before we rinsed out our mouths.