Chapter 28

Previous chapter:
Only for my daughter.

Calina's pov

My back facing him, I dressed in front of him, wanting him to see the bruises on my body, and at least feel a little guilty for what he did, if it was possible considering his non-existent conscience.

I could feel his gaze burning on my skin even if my back was facing him. Once in a lifetime, luck was on my side as he didn't push things further, after kissing me.

But I knew he would do more than just kiss me if they weren't waiting for us downstairs for dinner. As I turned around, I yelped, seeing him standing right in front of me.

Instinctively, I took a few steps back to create more space between us, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer before leaning down and snuggling his head into the crook of my neck, giving me the shivers, the bad ones.

"You don't know how much I missed you," he said, leaving little kisses on my neck as I literally shuddered with disgust with every kiss on my neck.

"Please don't touch me," I said quietly, but loud enough that he could hear me while I stood frozen in his embrace.

"Why? Why are you so difficult?" he asked with a huff, pulling back to look me in the eye. "Why can't you just accept me? Why do you keep fighting me? Don't you see that I'm trying to make us work, but if you keep fighting me you won't just make this relationship difficult for me, but also for you. Just give in and accept me, accept that you are mine! Then, everything will be better!"

I looked at him with tearful eyes. He was really delusional as there was no us and relationship, there never was.

"I can't give in to you, I can't accept you, and I certainly can't love you because I'm still not insane, Raphael, I'm still sane," I muttered, trying to explain the mental him why we couldn't work, "and my sanity can't love her abuser, you hurt me too much."

"But if you give me a chance I can make us work, I can fix all the problems between us, if you just give in and accept me," he tried again, making me sigh.

"You can't fix us, and you can't make us work as you can't turn back the time," I said sadly, "and stop yourself from raping me, using me as your punching bag for months after you kidnapped me as you were so sure that I killed your brother, and you can't undo how you forcibly made me your surrogate! How do you expect me to love such a man? Huh? Because the only feeling I've for you is hatred!"

"If you could put aside all the grudges you hold against me, then, maybe you could feel something else too," he claimed. And I realized how delusional he was considering that he had whipped me hours ago and was standing in front of me now, telling me not to hate him.

"I can't, I'll always hate you!" I told him firmly.

Before I could process what was happening, he hit me hard in the face. The impact made me scream and fall on the bed.

Then, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to my feet before I could get up. I could feel the anger radiating from him, and I didn't care if he got angry every time I told him I hate him.

"I really try, but every time I take a step towards you, you open your smart mouth and bring out the worst in me which makes us go two steps back in this relationship," he hissed at me as I could taste something metallic on my lips, realizing he busted my lip.

"There was never a relationship, except the one in your delusional head! Stop being self-delusional, Raphael, and accept that we, I am a victim, and you my perpetrator," I mumbled, not holding back. Chuckling madly, he grabbed my face, making me look at him.