Chapter 40

Previous chapter:
... it was my turn to take my vengeance for what she has put me through. It might take me a little longer, like some decades, but it will be worth in the end.

TWO DAYS LATER

Draven's pov

After breakfast I went to my office. Calina was in the backyard with the kids. Lucy was pretty attached to her. I knew that she saw in Calina the mother she could never have. She was a perfect mother.

She was a perfect woman.

I loved her stubbornness and the fights we had together. I knew she hated men after what Raphael had done to her, making me even wonder if she might go gay after him, but, after out heated night, I hoped not.

I wanted her. But I knew she needed time to make up her mind and decide what she wanted. And I was ready to wait for her until she decided if she wanted to be my soulmate in this life, or not.

My mother was a romantic person, believing in love, in soulmates, telling me if you find your soulmate, you will feel like you have known this person all your life. Unfortunately, she never found hers, my dad was a bastard.

But fortunately for me, I guess I found mine, because I felt like I've known her all my life. I could be me next to her. She wasn't scared of me, knowing what I was capable of, acted normal and relaxed, was even comfortable next to me.

She had a temper, I loved to test. Getting her mad was quite hot. Generally, she was the hottest milf I've ever bedded.

She wasn't with me for my money either. She was proud, but if the topic was her child, then she put her pride aside and was even ready to beg.

She had a lot of spirit, even after he trapped, almost destroyed, and abused her, physically and mentally.

One thing was for sure: I wouldn't bored with her. Neither in the sheets nor during the day with her anger issues that were a result of my constant mockery.

But even if I mocked her, she still seemed calmer and more relaxed while snapping at me after I kicked him out and took her under my protection.

I guess, helping her get him off her life and keeping her safe from danger, I gave her her remedy. I couldn't save my own wife, but saving her helped me find a little peace with myself.

We helped each other to find our inner peace.

The knock on my door made me look at its direction. And there goes my peace.

Sighing, I leaned back in my chair, calling the person in, awaiting one of men, coming in with a disaster.

But surprisingly it was my lawyer. Though, I was expecting him, but a little later.

"Earlier than I expected," I told Nadia, my lawyer, as she sat down on the chair in front of me. "Do you have everything we need?"

She nodded her head confidently before saying, "Yeah, do you want to see it first?"

I loved working with women. I didn't want to portray my own kind badly, but women were in my opinion smarter than men.

And most time, men, aka my business partners, underestimated the smartness in a woman, and I used this underestimation to my advantage, coming up with deals and plans they weren't expecting.

"No," I said, shaking my head, "I trust you."

"Alright then, let's start." She nodded her head before standing next to me with the files while I picked up my iPad and called Calina's on Facetime.