Chapter 30

Previous chapter:
He'd take her to her son.

Calina's pov

I couldn't help but chuckle as he kicked me out of the van, and drove away. "Fuck!" I huffed, still smiling, "That was one in a million chance! I wish I just could vomit on your dick ..."

"Good riddance."

I watched the van until it disappeared from my sight before walking to the front door and noting to train my gag reflexes in case something like today happened again.

I rang the doorbell before a maid opened a door. "Where is my daughter?" I immediately asked her.

"She is in the back yard with Lucia and the nanny," she informed me, nodding towards the end of the hallway, where the door to the backyard was, probably.

"Mrs. Calina, Sir Draven asked me to tell you that he wants to see you in his office," she told me as I wanted to walk towards the backyards.

"Right now?" I asked her with a frown. "He seemed impatient," she muttered quietly. "Alright, then, I'll go see him now," I sighed, heading towards his office.

As I was about to knock on his door, his office door opened, startling me. "How was your doctor's appointment?" he asked me.

"That's why you wanted to see me, to talk with me about my doctor's appointment?" I asked him with a frown.

"That, and other things," he claimed, stepping aside, gesturing me to enter his office.

"Alright, I wanted to talk to you too," I said, entering his office. I still needed Adrian to stop looking for me for his own good, and he could actually help me as I couldn't solve this matter by my own, as Adrian was too stubborn.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked me as I sat on the couch. "I wanted to ask you for a favor," I told him as he was standing behind his desk now, his hands placed on his tabled, his posture bent a little forward.

"You wanna sit on my lap too, baby girl?" he asked me, cocking his head. "What?" I asked him, looking at him irritated.

"Do I look like Santa from there? Doing favors left and right?" he asked me, making me sigh. "What do you want?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Since your husband is away—"

"I won't sleep with you," I clarified.

"That's not what I am asking for," he rolled his eyes, pushing a gift box on his desk a little towards my direction.

"You want me to accept a gift from you in order to ask you for a favor?" I asked him confused. "That doesn't make sense."

"Nothing about me makes sense for people, but that's the reason why I am standing here today," he told me, looking me in the eye, "and? Are you going to accept your gift?"

"Fine," I agreed, still confused. "Then, I am all ears," he said, "tell me what you need?"

"Can you convince a friend of mine, without mentioning Raphael, that I am in a safe place," I asked him. "And why do you want me not to mention Raphael?" he asked me curiously.

"Because Raphael and my friend don't like each other," I muttered with a sigh. "Is that your hacker friend who fooled your father, your brothers and him multiple times?" he asked me amused now.

"Kinda," I shrugged. "I am scared that Raphael will hurt him if he doesn't stop looking for me, and I know he won't if he isn't assured that I am safe."

"Safe and without Raphael," he stated, looking at me observantly. I nodded my head. "He'll surely come for me if he knows I am with Raphael, but I want him to stay out of my matters," I told him.