Chapter 10

Previous chapter:
"I feel pregnant." Three words, full of meaning, and life-changing.

ZIA'S OPERATION DAY

Calina's pov

For about two hours, I stayed behind the big window and watched my baby's surgery. It was a strange feeling to see your child lying openly on the table, but I knew she was in good hands.

Mr. Wright was one of the best cardiac surgeons. I wanted to help him during the operation, but he turned me down as his assistant. He said I couldn't operate my family member according the law.

"She will be fine," Emma said next to me, rubbing my back reassuringly. "I know, I just wish I could be there and help," I muttered.

"I know, but she is in good hands there. She will be fine," she told me again. Sighing, I nodded my head before leaning my head on her shoulder. I silently watched my baby's surgery. Though, they should be done anytime soon.

And I smiled, letting a sigh of relief as Mr. Wright showed me a thumbs up, indicating me that the operation was a success. My baby would be healthy again.

"Look, I told you," Emma said with a smile. "You did," I said with a little laugh before leaving the room.

"Are you coming?" I asked Emma as I saw she wasn't following me. "I'd, but I'm needed in an emergency," she muttered looking at her phone that beeped.

"Alright, I'll go then," I said, nodding my head, wanting to see my baby. "Yeah, I'll drop by when I'm done in the emergency section," she muttered, "you go."

"Okay." I walked to the room where my baby was stationed.

Smiling, I entered my baby's room, watching her unconscious figure. Everything seemed stable according to the machines she was attached to.

She wouldn't wake up for a few hours. And Emma was busy in the emergency section. Now, it was the perfect opportunity to pay my debt back.

"I'll be back soon," I said to her sleeping frame, "I promise." Then, I left the room with one last look at her before leaving the hospital and going to my car.

Getting in my car, I drove to the gangster I borrowed the money from.

*****

It was a half hour drive from the hospital to the druglord's place. As I got there, I got out of the car and went to the villa.

"I have your boss's deposit," I said to the two bulky men in front of the gates before one of them called his boss and informed him of my arrival.

Then, he nodded his head and opened the gates for me. Sighing, I went in. I went straight to the front door and rang the doorbell. It didn't take long for a maid to open the door.

"Mr. Cortez is waiting for you in his office. Please follow me," she said with a smile. I nodded my head before entering the mansion and following her in silence, as she led me to his office.

We stopped at a door before the maid knocked on the door. "Yes!" I heard him say before I entered and the maid closed the door behind me. "Candice? How are you?" he asked me with a dark smile.

"I'm alright," not asking him back as I wanted to leave this place as soon as possible and have no interaction with him again, "I brought your money." Taking the envelope with the money out of my pocket, I placed it on the desk.

He cocked his head and said, "Yes, we agreed on twenty thousand pounds, but I changed my mind. I don't want the money anymore, I want your services."

"That wasn't the deal." I frowned.