Chapter 11

Previous chapter:
"I'm sorry. I don't want to drag you into my mess. It's my mess and I have to fix it."

Calina's pov

It was a half hour drive from the hospital to the fucker's villa. Thankfully, I managed to avoid Bob. I also turned my phone off in case he tried to track me down.

Now, it was only me and my mess, and I was scared what I was going to face when I arrived. I was scared that he hurt my baby.

And besides being scared, I was mad at him for kidnapping my baby, wanting to rip him apart, tear his heart out and make him choke on it.

Taking a deep breath, I told myself to calm down. I wasn't going to cut my nose to spit my face, not again.

Therefore, I told myself the entire drive to calm down and move with my brain, not my feelings.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

As I got there, my anger wasn't as bad as before, but it was still there. "Thank you, Sir," I said to the driver, handing him fifty dollars before getting out of the car. "Rest can stay."

Then, I closed the door behind before he drove away. Looking as confident as possible, I headed to the villa.

"I'm sure your boss is waiting for me," I said firmly to the two guards at the gates before one of them called his boss and informed him of my arrival. Then, he nodded his head and opened the gates for me.

I went in, keeping my face straight. No matter how scared I was for my baby, I wouldn't shed a tear. Because crying wouldn't get me anywhere, but it would make me seem weak, and I refused to show any weakness. I had to be strong to fight him. I had to assert myself to make him realize that I wasn't an easy prey.

And I'll show him what it meant to mess with me. I will fuck him over. I will make him beg for my forgiveness. And the time he will beg for forgiveness, I will show no mercy, as my daughter was my red line, and the penalty of crossing this line was death.

Taking giant's steps, I went straight to the front door and rang the doorbell. It wasn't long before the same maid I met the first time I was here opened the door.

"Mr. Cortez is awaiting you in his office, please follow me," she said kindly. Normally, I'd meet kindness with kindness, but the fact she worked for the man who kidnapped my daughter made me wanna to snap her neck.

Pushing her aside I went in, walking to his office, knowing the way there. As I stood in front of his office door, I opened the door without knocking and went inside. He read a damn file and looked up when I broke in.

"Candice? To what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked with a cunning smile, knowing exactly why I was here. Huffing, I approached him until I was in front of his desk.

Then, I leaned over and put my palms on his desk before cocking my head and asking him, "Did you kidnap my daughter?"

"Yes," he said without denying, and his smile widened. "Where the hell is my daughter?" I asked him through gritted teeth. "She is fine, don't worry. She is in my hospitality," he told me calmly.

Chuckling, I shook my head, before smashing my palms on his desk. The objects on his desk vibrated from the impact.

"Hospitality, huh? Do you know where you'll be if you don't give my daughter back, Cortez? In Hell!" I hissed at him before the door opened and two of his men entered the office.

"Sir, are you okay? We heard noises," one of the men asked, looking at me cautiously. "Yes, there is no problem. Ms. Hooker was just too excited about her new position as my employee," he said to his men, his eyes were still on me.