Chapter 41

Previous chapter:
If she didn't jinx him, he wouldn't be in this condition now.

ONE DAY LATER

Esmeralda's pov

Cold.

Lonely.

Scared.

I felt like I was back at the beginning of this vicious circle. I felt like all the steps I had taken with Alessandro erased and I was at the first step again.

The moment I thought I'd get my life back, he had to come back and ruin everything going well. I wished he'd die. I wished the moment he shot at me that Alessandro would take his gun out and shot him to death.

But unfortunately, because of the brotherly love he had for his brother, no matter how cruel and destroying he was, he didn't.

Now, he was struggling to make out alive. I thought the love I felt for him died, but as Raphael shot him, something snapped in me, and my heart ached, the idea of losing him made me feel grieve.

I didn't know if he was dead of dead. They threw me into the basement and didn't give me any information.

Therefore, I felt like sitting on needles, waiting for someone enter the cold cell and tell me if he was alive or dead. Seriously, there was nothing I could do except praying for him.

I snapped back out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps. Looking towards the bars, I saw Raphael opening them, walking into my cell with a blank expression.

"You fucking bitch! That's all your fault! He died because of you!" he spat at me as I looked at him shocked.

I was lost for words, as he grabbed me by my throat chocking me. "You had to come back, huh? And ruin everything good I have here in Italy!" he chocked me madly. Sobbing, I tried to free myself.

"But no! I won't kill you that easily!" he claimed, throwing me away. Harshly, I landed on the ground, crying in sorrow. "I will make you suffer for the rest of your life!" He promised me, his chest heaving up and down in anger before he left.

I cried on the ground, feeling a deep sorrow. Then, I felt pain in my stomach. Groaning, I sat up, holding my belly. And I freaked out as I saw blood between my legs, calling for her, screaming for someone to help me.

But no one answered.

ONE DAY LATER

Draven's pov

"Yes!" I said as someone knocked on my office door. The door opened and a maid came in.

"Sir, the Ivanov brothers have arrived. I led them into the conference room as you requested. They are waiting for you there now," she informed me.

"They are not waiting for me," I told her with a grin, "they are waiting for Calina, inform her that their brothers have arrived and she can start the meeting." Nodding her head, she turned to leave.

"Or wait! I'll let her know myself." I got up from my chair and left my office with the maid before separating my way with her and going to Calina's room.

As I entered her room, I saw the children sleeping in her bed as she stood in front of the mirror.

"You look gorgeous," I said before I could stop myself. And she really did. The black dress she was wearing gave her a business attire and made her look confident. I liked the dress, but I preferred her naked more.

She turned around, looking at me startled, which was normal as she looked at herself in the mirror dazed out, as I entered the room.

"Jesus, Draven! Don't sneak up on me like that! And how long have you been standing there?" she asked me quietly as the children were sleeping.