Chapter 27

Previous chapter
I deserved better.

Raphael's pov

"That's your fault, that's all your fault," I whispered, looking at her sleeping form, "if you behaved I wouldn't have to punish you, now look what you made me do!"

I huffed, before letting go of the belt and looking at the damage I've done on her back. It looked bloody, making me curse.

"Fuck," I muttered, feeling dizzy with the alcohol in my system, I staggered to the bathroom, taking a towel, before damping it with tap water.

Then, I tottered back to the bedroom, and headed to the bed. Raising her shirt, I cleaned her back. After I was done, I placed a kiss on her back, mumbling, "We could avoid that piccola, if you just behaved."

Sighing, I decided to get her some herbal lotion for her ripped back. Rubbing my face to get sober, I left the room.

And I frowned as I opened the door, seeing Zia in her pajamas before our bedroom door, her little body stretched as her hand was reaching for the door handle.

"What are you doing here? Where is the nanny?" I asked her, looking down on her.

Putting her hand down, and fiddling with her little hands in front of her, she mumble, "She tuck me in bed before going with Lucy to tuck her in bed in her bedroom."

"And what are you doing here? Why are you not in your bed?" I asked her next, cocking my head.

Looking down, she muttered, "I wanted to do my nappy time with mommy." She tried to look into the room but I closed the door.

"Your mommy was tired and fell asleep, she doesn't have time for you now," I told her, and she looked at me with a pout. "Can I just lie next to mommy?" she asked me, whining.

"You can't, I don't want you to bother your mommy—"

"Please daddy!" she pleaded, almost crying.

"No!" I gritted out, not liking how she cut me off, getting slowly annoyed by her whining. "And don't interrupt me again, it's disrespectful!"

"Okay," she pouted, tears running down her face, making me groan.

"And stop crying, I thought you were a big girl, weren't you?" I asked her, grabbing her by her wrist, dragging her back to her room. Nodding her head, she wiped her tears off with her other hand.

"Good," I said contently, entering her room, putting her on her bed, "since you're a big girl you can surely sleep also without your mommy."

Pouting, she looked at me with tears in her eyes, a bubble snot getting out of her fucking nose, I glared at her disgusted. Cursing in Italian, I took a tissue from the nightstand.

"Listen, Zia, I really have no time to deal with you now," I told her annoyed, wiping her fucking nose, "I need you to be a big girl and take your nap by yourself! And listen to the nanny, this woman is kind enough to look after you, the least you can do is to not go against her, like wandering around after she tuck you in bed!"

"Daddy, you're hurting my nose!" she cried, rubbing her nose that was a little red now. "Then, wipe it yourself," I gave her the tissue, "and did you get what I said?"

Crumbling the tissue in her hands, she looked at me, sulking, before nodding her head. "Then, have a good nappy time and don't bother your mom!" I warned her strictly before leaving the room.

As I left the room, I saw Draven in the hall, walking in my direction. "And? Did your Gremlin also run away from her nap-time?" he asked me amused, seeing me walking out from Zia's room.