Chapter 19

Previous chapter:
Death sounded like an eternal peaceful break from my cursed life.

Raphael's pov

I carried her unconscious body out of the office before going to one of the bedrooms in the villa.

As I walked into the bedroom, I laid her gently on the bed. Then, I called one of my men who was in charge of most of my business in the US.

While calling him, I shook her slightly, trying to wake her up by calling her name, but she didn't respond to my wake up attempts.

As I shook her face to wake her up, I noticed that she was burning. "Shit," I cussed, dialing the number again, hoping for him he'd pick up, otherwise it wouldn't end well for him if I got my hands on him.

"Why the hell don't you answer when I call you?" I hissed into the phone as he finally answered the call.

"I'm sorry, capo, I was busy doing something and I didn't notice the phone ringing," he apologized.

Huffing at his weak excuse, I looked at her unconscious body on the bed. She looked flushed, her cheeks were red, and she looked sweaty.

As I was about to tell him to send me the number of the doctor who was in charge of my men when they were shot in the US, I heard a woman whine. Realizing that he was busy fucking a woman instead of answering my calls I got mad.

"I think you don't handle something, you handle someone, am I right Alejandro? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you were just too lost sticking you dick in a fucking a whore, and decided to ignore my calls," I spat out.

"Capo—" he started, but I interrupted him, not in the mood to hear another of his weak excuses. "Shut up, send me the number of the local doctor in charge of my men here, and don't show up for a while if you don't want to lose your dick," I hissed into the phone.

"Alright, I'll send it right away. Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked. "Next time I call you, answer my calls immediately," I gritted out, before ending the call on his face.

Not a second later he sent me his number. "At least you can follow orders," I muttered satisfied, calling the doctor.

"Dr. Hanny, how may I help you?" the doctor answered the call. "Morelli on the phone, I need you here, I'll send you the address, come over as soon as you can, it's urgent," I told her, sending her the address.

"How urgent? Regarding the location I'll need almost thirty minutes to be there," she said. "Is the person bleeding? Any injuries? I need to know to know what I need to take with—"

"No, but she's unconscious and is burning, just be quick, I'll be waiting," I said frustrated, going with my hand through my hair.

"Alright, Sir, I'm already on my way," she informed me. "Alright, see you soon," I muttered, before ending the call.

Then, I approached the bed again and put my hand on her forehead. She was still burning. I wasn't a doctor, but I knew how to help her until the doctor arrived.

Sighing, I began to strip her of the rest of her clothes until she was lying naked in front of her. My eyes were fixed on the bruises on her body as my hand traced them, her words on my mind:

Look at me! I'm black and blue! Greenish! Because my body is sick! I look like I'm rotting! But it's not just my body that's rotting!

"I'm going to let you die over my dead body. You are mine and you will live as long as I want you to be," I said near her face before picking her up and carrying her into the bathroom.