Chapter 35

Previous chapter:
I smiled back while eating.

Draven's pov

"How was your day?" I asked Lucretia with a smile as we snuggled in bed. "It was so good. Me, Calina and Zia played with my dollhouse and then we played hide and seek after dinner," she happily told me.

"And where did you hide?" I asked her, showing that I listened to her, caressing her head. "In the staff room," she told me, surprising me, this conversation took a really interesting turn now.

"Alone?" I asked. "No, with Calina," she told me.

"Did you do something else today?" I asked her, as I had a feeling that the firecracker was planning something.

"No daddy, but Calina's ouchie on her head didn't get better, she said it still hurts," she told me sadly.

"Is that so? Then, we should call Sara tomorrow to check on her wound on her head," I said, kissing her head.

"She won't need Sara, daddy. I told her about the room you take men with ouchies, she said she will go there and get better," she told me, making me frown.

"When did she tell you that?" I asked her. "Today," she told me. "Then, of course, she doesn't need Sara," I said, caressing her head. As a doctor, she surely knew how to tend and treat wounds.

But the big question was who was she planning to treat? Herself? Or her so beloved husband?

I guess I'll have to confront her to find out the answer to my question. And I decided to confront her in the surgery room.

It seemed like today was going to be an interesting night.

And I was curious what lies she would feed me this time after our collision in the operating room.

I smiled. I could not wait for it!

POV SWITCH

Calina's pov

Lying in bed, I looked at the clock. Zia slept in my arms. Draven claimed that he wanted to spend some time with his daughter and took her into his room after all three of us had prepared for bed. She has usually slept with Zia and me since we arrived.

And she was really hesitant and didn't know if she wanted to go or not, but when Draven offered to read her a story, she just hopped out of bed and went with him.

I wondered if he was really a good storyteller, that his daughter immediately agreed and seemed very happy that her father was telling her a story.

I sighed. Besides the fact that he was cocky and didn't mind his language next to the children, I had to admit that he wasn't a bad father. After all, he has shown affection for his daughter since we arrived.

He listened to her. He didn't yell at her. He talked with her. I could tell he really loved her. He was actually everything that Zia wanted to see in her father, or I in my father. Maybe, I was wrong with him?

A small part of me felt really bad for thinking the worst of him. I thought he was exactly like Raphael, but he was ... different. He was kind.

I looked down at Zia in my arms. I also asked her after dinner today if anything happened while I was sleeping.

And my daughter surprised me with her answer as she told me that in the beginning she was sad because she couldn't see me, but in the end, it was ok okay because he gave her chocolate with nuts and read her a story.

I smiled. It kinda hurt a little to know she could swap me for a candy bar. But I was okay with it, as I knew everyone had a weakness and that of my baby was chocolate.